Why did he just stop texting me?

Ok I met this guy out a couple of weeks ago and my friend (guy) and I started chatting to him. I could feel a slight attraction but he left without... Show More

I'd just like to add...thanks for reading all of that if you're able! Also, I keep being told that guys need the chase and they lose interest if a girl gives in too easily. So I tried not to show too much interest thinking that was a good thing

Most Helpful Opinion

• Dr Jones is kind of right. I've found this out the hard way. Usually the only guys that chase like crazy are creepers or only in it for the chase. Sometimes even decent guys are so turned on by the chase, that once they get what they want they're not into it anymore. Game over.

HOWEVER. There is something to a little bit of chase. I personally don't call guys in the beginning unless he's initiated quite a few conversations. I also don't initiate the dates either. Or give it up too fast. None of that stuff is "chasing" to me though. It's just a standard I set based on the type of guys I like to date. I'm not interested in guys that won't put in that little extra effort for me in the beginning because it says he's either lazy, or he doesn't like me that much.

But back to you. I've had a guy act like that before too. We went out, had a great time, he texted me the next day, and then he disappeared. I found out the guy had a lot of issues actually. Weird commitment issues. A year later he admitted to being an idiot and couldn't explain why he had done that. So all I could say, is this guy has some issues, he's not sure of his feelings for you, etc. All qualities you don't really want to get involved with.

Don't get discouraged though. I know the feeling where you finally think you've found a good one. I've been single for a little while as well. Being single though is 10 times better than being committed to a loser. So use his weird behavior as a signal that he's a loser, and find a better one. Good luck!

P.S. Don't be surprised if he contacts you in a few weeks. Guys like this are notorious for jumping in and out of your life like a yo-yo.

• You are ever so right! Right about being single vs being involved with a disaster/loser and right about how they can jump in and out of your life like a yo-yo. Before the ability to text and IM, it was more uncomfortable for guys to keep a tenuous connection with a girl. But texting and IM is so easy and impersonal and really allows people to say and do things they could never do in a phone call or in person, that the weirdest dating behaviors are created.

• Well he got a bit offended when I told him that not having time was not a good excuse and eventually told me that I was behaving standoffish and sending out signals that screamed "leave me alone". why he couldn't have said that in the first place I don't know, since if I'd known that I could have apologised and explained my behaviour. But it just turned into and aggressive text argument and I later calmed it down but you know...why can't people just be honest?

• Thumbs up to vmw2008 for a good answer. I might have written something like this if I wasn't so p*ssed off from reading an endless string of "hard to get" stories. (See comment above.)