Why do girls care about how guys dress so much?

It seems like women want men to dress out of a gq catalog or something. I feel like people are too materialistic and care too much what other people think especially women. I'm all for dressing to make an impression, but trying to be trendy CK model is pointless to me. I know a lot of people who must dress super dumb flashy just to feel good. I'll try and look fashionable, but comfortability and practicality above all else.

Most Helpful Girl

• Who needs labels? But clothes that fit well and look near do make a person look more attractive.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't care if a guy dresses all trendy. I barely care about how I dress.

What Guys Said 2

• Who is more likely to be a confident male who has has shit together? The guy wearing a great, tailored suit with an excellent eye for detail, great posture, and a bold walk? Or the guy wearing a stained, ratty t-shirt that's two sizes too large, has holes, hasn't been washed, wearing torn jeans that have a massive beer belly spilling out over the side and is laying drunk on the side of the road with a cardboard sign reading "luv booze pleeze giv money"?

• Those are extremes. It seems like you have to be a brand name whore to be appreciated by women these days. I think its whats wrong with america overall.

• It helps separate guys from the pack. What you wear can tell a person a lot of things about you; also it seems to go along with the idea of confident.