Girls, are you ok with dating shorter guys than you are?

If so, how do you let them know?

Thanks for all the answers ladies.. Keep them coming

Most Helpful Girl

• Being 5'10", I'm definitely okay dating guys who are a bit shorter, within reason of course. My current boyfriend is a wee bit shorter, which I'm fine with.

I didn't necessarily 'let him know' I'm okay with it, nor did that ever happen with past guys. The fact that I return any interest after the guys show some in me should suffice, no?

• Good point. I think I'm just making a larger deal of it than it really is. Thanks!

• lol oh don't worry about that either. Girls, from the ones I hang out with as well as myself use the term 'boy-toy' non-literally. Like if there's a guy we're attracted to and want to have fun with, but there's no emotional bond or potential for more, he'll be a 'boy toy'.

• Ha.. Touché.

What Girls Said 47

• ehh im 5'4 so there are really no guys shorter than me, but no i wouldnt.. i know thats weird but it is become im already so short

• No. I'm not okay with that. I'm not okay with dating men anywhere near my height.

• I'm 5'9" and every guy I've dated before my current relationship has been shorter than me. I'll admit that things have been easier with a taller dude though and it's also been my longest-lasting, most successful relationship yet. I don't know if this is a coincidence or not, but I'll admit I prefer taller guys after I've had a taste of what it's like being with one.

• Yes, I'm ok with it. I have never dated someone shorter than me, but I have liked guys that were shorter than me.

• I think it is just about the personality. I mean I prefer taller men but if I like the guy's personality, his height and physical appearance don't matter to me. I mean if he is good looking and physically attractive too, that is just a major bonus.

• Sure, I mean I'm 6'1" so a good number of guys are shorter than me. I'd be okay with it.

• How would you let the guy know you're ok with it?

• @PhiOmega: yeah it's just all hypothetical. My SO is 6'4" but when I met him years ago he was a couple of inches shorter than me. He's 25, almost 26, so I'm pretty sure he's not going to grow anymore lol.

• lol, i guess he was all like "do you wish me to be taller my lady? *grows to superior hight* does this please you?" lol, that's a gentlemen

• Yes. My boyfriend is about an inch shorter than me.
    And how? I started talking to him like id talk to anyone in interested in.

• That's cool. Any advice to give to let a gal that's taller than I am know I'm interested in her?

• I'm 5'7 and I love wearing heels and I like a guy who's even taller than me when I'm wearing those crazy high heels.

• I wouldn't want to at all because im 5'11 and i like to wear heels. It would be awkward to lean or stoop for a kiss.

• Most of the guys I dated in the past were shorter than me, but my current boyfriend is exactly 1 inch taller. I'm 5'8, I don't care if the guy is shorter, but it bugs be when a guy is towering over me.

• It it just "happen to be" they were shorter or were you actually looking to date shorter guys than you?

• I usually prefer to date guys who are shorter than me or around my height, but I never actively pursued them because they approached me first.

• im five foot one and i don't have that problem:D well... this guy who was interested in me but i was not interested in him like that he's four foot ten... that i found just wahhhhh?

• not really but it won't matter if I like him by his personality. I sometimes don't understand myself when I feel like i like someone who Im not physically attracted to.

• I'm sorry but I'm such a sucker for tall lanky guys. If I were single, I mean maybe, anything's possible, but I would def be going for the taller guys.

• well i really do prefer guys who are either the same height as me or taller, but if they're short and have the most outstanding personality then why not, they can't really do anything about their height really, its how they are :)

• So after getting to know him and you're interested, how would you let him know you'd be open to date him (given his height)?

• Good call. I'll have to be on the lookout for this one in the future.

• No I am not. I'm short as it is

• I'm sorry but I'm not okay with that.

• No, not cool. I dont think so since I'm only 5'2'' I would only date guys taller than me so 5'5" and up.

• So I take it you like to wear heels?

• Ah, so it's just a matter of the song "put your head on my shoulder".. Yeah, I have no clue where that came from

• um yeah no idea where that came from either but good song!

• I am okay with dating short guys... but I'm 4 '11 so I'm not sure if I'll be dating anybody that's shorter than me. :D

• I've done so before. Would do it again if he were nice.

• I'm 5'1 so... It would be extremely weird if he's shorter than me.

• to be honest, i never met a guy my age who's shorter than me, but I would date them because i understand that they never chose to be short just as I never chose to be short

• I'm pansexual and my girlfriend is shorter than me, but I would gave no problem dating a guy if he were shorter. I think it's just a bit cuter if the guy is taller. My parents are really happy and my dad is much shorter.

• Im 4'11.. so not really taller then me is a must!

• No. He has to be 5'4 or higher.

• sure. I care more about the personality after all. lol. ^_^

• I won't. I am 5'3 and I would guy to at least be 5'9

• I am, but must not be shorter than 5'5"

• I'm 5'1 so it has never come up. Not really sure how I would feel if a guy shorter then me wanted to go out with me.

• I'm 5'9 and all of my ex's have been shorter than me at some point

• It's what's inside that counts ! I love my boyfriend and he is a little man :P... Im 5'9.5" he is 5'3"

• So did he ask you out or did you make the first move?

• :p yup... Hope you get the girl ;)

• Thanks for the encouragement.

• More from Girls
    17

What Guys Said 4

• This is like the land of midgets

• as long as they know their place. hint: on their knees.

• I wouldn't date a girl taller than me, but I'd definitely want to have sex with one.

• Bro, why would you like to stand besides goliath? Don't you like the idea of tossing the girl here and there when having sex or do you like it the other way around? Lol