"Let's do this again sometime"-are guys just being polite when they say this at the end of a date?

I met up with a guy for coffee yesterday & I felt the date went well enough... but at the end he only hugged me & said "let's do this again sometime" without asking about my schedule or anything. It seems like most (but not all) guys who wanna go out again will try to make concrete plans or at least mention the future. By the way I told him I was going out of town for the next 1.5 weeks, so maybe he doesn't want to make plans? Anyways, should I take this as a bad sign, or am I overanalyzing?

He actually just texted saying "I had a nice time yesterday, hope you did too".. so maybe it wasn't just him being polite?

Most Helpful Guy

• mmmmm, I'd ask when we can get together again at the end of the date or during the date. Why not follow up in a few days or week and see if there is an interest. If he is not excited to see you, don't beat a dead dick. Find a guy that wants to worship you.

What Guys Said 5

• No, it is just a pleasantry. You always say something nice even if you do not want to go out again. He should be reaching out to you to make additional plans if he wants to go out again.

• Usually, saying this means guys are genuinely interested in you, and they want to repeat the location/place because a date went well.

• I think you have a good point. However you said your going to be out of town. He could have interpreted this as you not wanting a second time. But I may be over analizing too.

• OH ya iv heard those words come out of my fathers mouth lots of times and he never means it

• Lol that sounds like a response made by someone who doesn't date that much lol, that said he might be very interested in another date, but just shy.

What Girls Said 1

• I tend to agree with you. However, you can't really tell based on that statement alone. Saying "Let's do this again sometime" could mean many things. What's more important is what he does after it. Did he text you to tell you he had a good time? Have you heard from him since? He doesn't have to set up the next date during the current one but his actions should make his intentions clear.

• I just updated the question, but he just texted saying "I had a nice time yesterday, hope you did too".. so maybe it wasn't just a pleasantry haha