Falling in love with a guy who has a girlfriend?

I've become a pretty good friends with this one guy. He was kind of flirting with me, and we started talking, hanging out etc. Quite soon he told me he has a gf. I was really surprised. He asked if I'm disappointed.

Then he has told me that they have problems and he's considering ending the relationship. They have been together 6+ years though so it isn't easy. He doesn't want to cheat her which I appreciate, and I try to be supportive but it's hard because I've started to fall in love with him...
What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Tough situation. If you start a relationship with him while he's getting out of his old one, you very well might find he's not the guy you're used to. There will be MANY stressors from ending it, and likely it will take him some time to get over the current relationship. It would also set you up to be a rebound, which would suck.

Up to you, but I'd just be there for him. Listen to what he's going through. I'm sure he will appreciate you being there for him emotionally and showing him you care for him. If he ends his relationship, and takes his time to heal, then you're set up for a better relationship with him.

What Guys Said 4

• I fell in love with someone who was married... and i knew she loved me back because i dated her before she got married (I've been around lol) and I fucked up. at this point you only have two choices.
    1) homewrecker
    2) respect
    I recommend respect... you wouldn't like it if after investing 6+ years in someone, somebody just came by and scooped em up. and he also seems like he doesn't want to lose his investment too. Follow what your conscience is telling you to do, not your feelings.

• Tell him to give you a call if he's ever single again, because you'd like to take her place. There's nothing wrong with that; marriage is a committed relationship, boyfriend/girlfriend is not.

• Let him know how you feel. But understand that although he maybe attracted to you and care for you, doesn't mean he will reciprocate the same feelings of love. He also has spent so much time with his current girl he probably is very attached to that individual. Depending on age he might live with her and have other things that will keep him with her. Best of luck! ps. You can't choose love, love chooses you.

• Keep going for him but dont get in the friendzone. Be there but dont be there just in case they split. You dont wanna be the cause of an breakuo

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly I would back off this one, 6 years is about when relationships start having trouble, but that doesn't mean they are over and if he realizes that he is making a mistake. . You will end up devastated. . Also after a relationship that long, you are essentially a homewrecker.. they probably share family.. they have built a lot over those years.. I think you need to take a step back from this.