My parents are introducing me to guys for marriage but I just met someone?

I'm in a odd, stressful situation. I'm 29, female. I don't have trouble meeting guys. I was getting over a heartbreak but now I finally met a guy. We've been dating for two months. I like him. My parents don't know about him because its too early. Even if they knew, they wouldn't approve. He's west Indian and his father's a mechanic. We're east Indian and my parents would want me to marry someone from a white collared family. My parents keep talking about all these guys interested in me, and it confuses me. Has anyone been in this situation before? What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you sure they're going to disapprove? They may surprise you. You mentioned what his father does, but not what he does, and that kind of matters more in most cases. Anyway, your choices are telling them about him, or breaking it off with him. I'm guessing you really like him, so gather some courage and tell them about him. They're going to find out anyway at some point if you keep dating him. Good luck, hope it works out.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• I would ask your parents to stop introducing you into guys. Tell them that you need to find a guy on your own.

• Do what you feel like, it's your life. Screw what your parents think, if you love your guy stick with him, and tell your parents you don't accept that they should arrange your marriage.

What Girls Said 1

• Your over 18 you have your own decisions but as an Indian I know parents make the choices, so just tell them your not ready to get married yet say you want to do something before you get married or become successful and your not interested and when the time is right make your bf meet your parents with his parents and they might like him hope i helped if you have any questions message me I know you're in a stressful situation