A guy 3 inches shorter then me likes me?

So there is this guy that likes me, and he is really funny and sweet and friendly, but the only problem is.. I am 5'8 1/2, and he is 5'5. I don't know what to think because I am kind of starting to like him too and have never had a guy that short like me before. It makes me kind of uncomfortable because I feel it would be soo weird hugging and kissing and just being around each other in general and I don't know if I could deal with that, but I feel like I would be missing out on a great guy. What do you think about this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey go for it. You can't reject a guy for his height haha. Thats my opinion but its the heart and personality which matters. Don't feel uncomfortable haha. Give it a go and I can assure you it won't be as bad as you think. Because if you dont give it a go now you might regret it in future. Dont let height be an issue between you two haha. You like him and he likes you. So dont worry about what others will think and listen to your heart :)

What Guys Said 7

• it's not a problem basicaly. problem would be if he was 3 inches taller than you

• You are not grateful. I bet a lot of women wish they had your problem.

• Do as you like. No law against it.

Try hugging, kissing and cuddling him to see how he fits.

• i agree with all the other guys plus i see you are under 18 and you do know girls develop faster than man so who knows maybe he hasn't finished puberty and will be taller and i know you're going to want him when he's taller so just go for it.

• Well he's 16 probably turning 17 this year or next year, he's latino (if that helps) and I remember him saying something like he's the tallest guy in his family...

• He's probably a good guy that deserves a chance. That's what I think

• "try it before you study it"

maybe he works out or not, you will never know before you tried

• I'm 5'8 and my girl friend is 5'11 she doesn't seem to have a problem

• Wow that's awesome! I'm happy for you guys!!

• Thanks I don't know why you don't give that guy a chance. You're pretty cold saying that you might miss out on a great guy just because he's short doesn't mean he's not a good guy that's kind of shallow

What Girls Said 3

• Id say if you like him, go for it but honestly if you don't feel comfortable don't pursue it because you're leading him on and you're going to keep thinking it.

• This happened to me. I did try because he was a great guy, but it just didn't work. Hugging and kissing just felt weird and wrong, we just didn't "fit" together how other guys would with girls.
    Really, at his height, there's plenty of girls his height or shorter that he can get still.
    Only thing is, lots of guys don't even like a girl taller than him, lots of guys want a girl shorter than he is. If he likes you enough to look past it, maybe you can try at least one date and see how it goes.
    I will say though, people will look, you may hear quiet sniggers behind you and stuff, and even friends and family may joke or comment about it but once they see he's a good guy they won't care anymore

• Yeah exactly, thanks for understanding. I want to try but I just have a feeling its going to be weird and not work out. Plus like you also said there are still plenty of girls that would have no problem at all dating him and in their point of view he would be "tall".

• You never know though, you're under 18, if he is to, he could still have a growth spurt. You don't want him to suddenly be taller than you by next summer or something and you've missed your chance, so take that into account to.
      Also, a girl I went to school with, she got with a guy shorter than her and ended up having a kid with him two years ago. At first, EVERYBODY was like "umm... he's shorter than her?" and people joked about it to her, most of the time not trying to be bad but just joking about it, but maybe a year later, everybody forgot about it, nobody cared he was shorter than her anymore, it was old news. he's a lovely guy, and his personality outshone his height, so people just stopped caring. When you act like you don't care, people will stop caring to.

• You're kidding right? You're seriously conflicted about a few inches of height difference? Leave him alone because he deserves much better than this. I hope the poor guy doesn't know that you're thinking it would be awkward to hug or kiss him or be seen in public with each other.

• Okay I don't really think it makes me a bad person to be worrying about this.. And It's 3 1/2 inches which can be kind of a lot. I'm just wondering would you date a guy 3 inches shorter then you without ANY concerns at all? I have decided I'm going to give him a chance though because he seems like a great guy and I am willing to look past the height thing:) but don't treat me like a bad person for being a little hesitant.