Why does it seem like guys take break ups easier?

Guys always seem to handle break ups way better than girls do. Why is that?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the girl and the relationship, but I agree with a lot of the guys here that we take it at least as hard, if not harder. When I got to the point where I could imagine spending my life with someone, and then that ended, I was pretty devastated for months. Publicly I may have acted like nothing was going on, but internally it was all-consuming, and there are aspects of it that I am still getting over years later.

On the other hand, I think women are more likely to project into the future than guys are, so they get to that "I could spend my life with this person" point quicker, and therefore have a harder time with breakups more often.

What Guys Said 6

• Some guys probably do. I think many guys will just hide their feelings since society teaches us we should not feel.

• It's not really the done thing for guys to show emotion and unhappiness publicly: it's considered unmasculine and they'll be given grief or teased about it.

They will put on a brave face and also try to keep busy so as not to sit and dwell on it. At home, alone, however, they still feel the pain and upset.

• Well girls cry for like a few days to a week then just go out and find another man if they didn't already have a backup man in the friendzone or something, guys are the ones three weeks later thinking about her watching Netflix in their undies all alone...

• for whatever reason, us guys don't generally come to the full realization of how much someone meant to us until about a year later. So it doesn't mean that we are necessarily taking it easier, it just takes a lot longer for us to come to the realization of what we no longer have.

That or most men hide it in order to keep up the facade that we are still incapable of feeling emotions

• Breakups are easy when I didn't have that much of a bond with the girl, but when it is someone that I absolutely loved and shared a lot of moments with I get so angry and lose interest in everything for a while, but I get back on track after a couple of weeks or so

• We bottle or hide our feelings.

What Girls Said 1

• Do they? It seems to me they take it harder.