I'm 17 and have never dated... Is that normal?

I'm currently seventeen and I've never been kissed or have ever dated. All my friends have had relationships but me and I feel rather awkward telling them about it. One factor to this would be that I'm freakishly shy... But at the same time I don't know if that's just it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure, if you are shy and don't seem open to dating, guys are nervous about getting shot down by a girl they ask out. It sucks. Most men aren't overly confident like I am and they let that talk them out of asking out a girl they may see as not being receptive to them.

What Guys Said 7

• There's nothing wrong with that. Actually, being introverted, that seems normal to me. It seems most introverted people don't date very much, but when they do, they usually have closer and longer-lasting relationships. That's what I've noticed.

• Yes, it's normal. Some people start doing stuff like that later than others, and your desire to do so doesn't necessarily influence it.

• I dated my first person right around my 18th birthday. It's totally normal, and a lot of people don't date anyone until well into college. Don't worry about it.

• It is sad that society expects you to date/kiss/xx just so people would know that you are likeable and men/women want you. It is completely normal to have not dated until now and if there are guys who tried to talk to you but you got shy then it also is completely normal

• I have never been in a relationship even though I'm 16 and the opposite of shy. I'd prefer to wait for the right person instead of dating whoever and then brake up after 1 month

• I was in the same situation until i was 19, don't worry. I too am really shy, and actually was introduced to her.

• Look honey. You are extremely cute and any guy would be lucky to have you. Being shy is a major factor but trust me you are adorable so that's not the reason

What Girls Said 0