What does it mean when he says this?

So I just got back into the daiting field and I started talking to one of my good guy friends , we been friends for about 3 years , we use to work together and we got really close ; I've had a crush on him for about as long as I knew him ; but because of the age difference we weren't able to date back then ; but now I'm 19 & we're talking again. Well last night we were texting and flirting like we always do & he says " I'm just scared to ruin our friendship if we ever did start officially dating BC ur such amazing person , would never wanna lose u Outta my life " maybe I'm just over thinking it , but does it mean he's just being nice and saying we'll never date? Or... Is he really just scared. He never NEVER talks about his feelings so when he said that I was a little shocked and confused. Please help.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should talk to him and ask him why is he saying that. Maybe ha has feelings for you and is scared to lose you as a friend if you ever break up. Also there is a possibility that he sees that there might be something more on your side than friendship and he wants to make sure that you don't get hurt. Just ask him and clear everything ;)

What Guys Said 1

• he's afraid that he might lose you as a friend LOL

What Girls Said 1

• sounds like his interested but really values your friendship and thats his first priority, if your interested make the move and go for it