I dumped my ex 2 days ago and now I feel so much hatred for her. Why is that?

Basically I broke up with my ex girlfriend a few weeks back, but in reality I was really confused and wanted to remain with her. I was pissed off about a few things, so I kinda brought up the argument. Other than that I felt stressed and suffocated by her clinginess. At the time, she just accepted it, which made me change my mind.

So, two days I broke up with her and a part of me didn't really want to, but I felt really suffocated due to some other issues in my life. She just sent me a short text, saying she understood and that she wished me all the best.

Now, I sent her another text afterwards, saying that maybe one day things would be different and who knew what would happen, along with wishing her the best. She didn't reply back to that text and hasn't written to me since.

For some reason, I've been feeling really mad at her and feel like she didn't actually care about me at all. I mean, if she did.. then why did she just let go of me without even arguing against it? Why do I feel so much hatred for her now?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think humans have a way of using anger to mask their true feelings. I don't think that you hate her rather you are angry (be it with her for not trying to keep you in her life or whatever drama you may have going on)
    you should consider that she loves you and is hurting even though she did not give the reaction that you expected (when i got tired of the issues with my ex i stopped arguing and caring. When i eventually left him, i was distant to say the least - my reaction was such that my ex accused me of having someone else to justify why i didn't care #smh)
    if its over, permanently, keep your distance and accept it as it is. If you still want to salvage it, give yourself time to get over the issues plaguing you.

What Girls Said 2

• Well I'm clingy. My ex said I was too clingy and he broke up with me, then later he got mad at me for not wanting him back. Yeah it hurt because I really did love him, but why should I have fought for someone who left me because he didn't know? It hurt enough for him to leave me and not give me another chance till I ended up with someone who treats me like a princess. Some girls don't want to be an option you can go back to, life isn't a video game where you can suddenly believe someone should love you when you kind of kicked them

• Well how long did you two date? I mean was it two months, two years?

What Guys Said 2

• You hate her because she's now your ex. I know that it's not a very detailed explanation, but that's how it works for some reason. I noticed that every time I tried to communicate w/ my ex, no matter how neutral I tried to be I would always say nasty things to her because I hated her. Same went for her, she got pissed at me once over fb and I asked another guy who witnessed it why she did it and he was clueless. He thought she had some guy issues or w/e. Bottom line is that you will hate your ex after the break up. The best thing to do is to try not to communicate for about a month until your head clears.

• Did you dump her over a text OP?