Unsure about texting rule?

So I met a great guy on Friday and we hung out for quite a while. He gave me his number and said he really wanted to hear from me and see me again.

I text him on Saturday and we exchanged a couple of texts. And then yesterday we text back and forth for a few hours. I would've kept texting but my friend told me not to reply and to play hard to get.

So he last text me yesterday evening and I've not sent anything back. He's not text me anything either.

What are the rules of texting a guy? Is he not texting me because he's not interested? Or is he waiting for me to text him? Should I text him? I have no idea how this works!

• Text him
  • Don't text him - he's not interested

Most Helpful Guy

• If you actually like this guy, text him. Playing hard to get will drive him away. He wants to be reassured you like him just as much as you do.

What Guys Said 4

• I hate girls who play games, if a girl starts playing hard to get with me I move on. Hard to get = immature.

• Mind games are detrimental and unnecessary, and also, there are no "rules". Do what you want to do, you will adjust if it doesn't work. That is how adaptation works. Voted A) of course, because you obviously seem to want to text him. Do what feels right, in my opinion.

• I wasn't aware there was a set of rules when talking to someone. If you want to text him, then text him. There is a reason why he gave you his number and it wasn't so you didn't text him.

• Honestly I'm a criminal, and I hate rules no matter who makes them up. Fuck the rules do what your heart tells you is right

What Girls Said 2

• text him and don't listen to your friend. if you like him, why play hard to get? thats just immature.

• text him back if he thinks your playing a childish game he might not bother to text you anymore.