Which online dating site do you prefer and why?

They all have a little something different to offer, and each has its own unique approach.

Which one(s) have you had good luck with?

Which one(s) would you never recommend?

• Tinder
  • OkCupid
  • Match
  • Plenty of Fish
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• Tinder is for fun. I met a guy off it because he was the most decent one and even he ended up not wanting a relationship. So a perfect app for guys to look for friends with benefits or hookups.

POF is okay. Plenty of messages per day from guys. Talked to a ton of guys and I found it most appealing as it focuses on both personality and pictures.

OKcupid was very slow. Their messaging system is slow. Most people write lengthy profile answers but dont put up clear pictures of themselves. But guys there are a bit more serious about getting into a relationship.

• Tinder is just for sex - i fucked 10 girls in 1 week - 3months ago. and now nothing most the girls are bots, fakers, or think they are too good for you. the game recently changed.

• I cannot stand stupid fucks who put a bad reputation on Tinder and say it is just to hookup or for sex. The best women that I have dated came from Tinder. And I only had sex with 1 of them.

• I tried tinder before.. it was a POS.. all it was is friken bots and I got no responses.. after a month I just deleted it.

What Girls Said 35

• Ok Cupid has guys looking for relationships.

Plenty of Fish has guys who date 200 - 400 people before meeting you.

• True! XD

• Hence the name 'Plenty of Fish'.

• I would say the exact opposite. While I have had success I have only gone out with I think 4 women from POF. But I rarely get any email unless I send it out first. Women on the other hand say they get tons of emails and all have seem to have gone on 100 dates.

• OkCupid, it's the only site I've ever managed to meet somebody decent. I didn't care for PoF, Eharmony, or any of the others.

I've dated maybe 30 guys off ofOKC. Most never went past a date or two, some did manage to get semi-serious, and few were serious.

Obviously, nothing permanent, I'm still using it.

• I met my man on okcupid and he is my perfect match.. we are meant to be. Their wasn't anything on okcupid that I didn't like.

• Did you initially pick your man or did he pick you?

• ok cupid seems really really really dead to me lol...

• What do you mean it was dead? I got tons of messages from different guys every day. And many of them were actually really cool. Well it worked great for me. I dobt mean to be all lovey dovey but my man is my soulmate. So I am very thankful for okcupid.

• sorry but i'm not onto any dating site lol

• I think it's safe to say I got lucky on POF. My fiance and I met on there.

• everyone gets laid on dating websites. its just some of us want more then just sex.

• I, like MAJ4251, got lucky on POF. My boyfriend and I met on there a year ago and we're planning on moving in and getting married. Honestly he's the love of my life.

• Okcupid have gotten more dates and hookups than any other dating site.
    No but seriously it the site that have the most realist amount of people, and it easier for me to figure out if I have a chance with a guy base off of the questionnaires. It the only site s well that will match people up base off of the questionnaires, If you just want to have sex, they give you matches who want casual sex, and ect. My only problem is that you have to pay to see who likes you, which makes finding a match a lot harder.

• i don't actually use online dating. i've tried and i just can't get myself excited enough about a person on the internet to want to meet him in person :/ i think tinder is fun though haha

• I met my boyfriend on OKCupid. It said we were a 57% match but I took a chance. I've never been so in love with anyone EVER.

• That's so awesome about how well you work in life versus the match percentage. I went on an okcupid date with a girl who was a 94% match so you would think it would have been incredible. NOPE. two dates and I didn't have interest. My best relationship from OkCupid ever, I think we were a 76% match or something, but got along really well in real life.

• I have never used an online dating site and I am not planning.

• I have meet one of my ex's on Plenty of fish (long relationship) unfortunately it had to end.. He was moving cities for work purposes.. I couldn't tag along with him..

• Never been on a dating site

• Tinder sucks. Every guy I met on there just wanted to get his dick wet. Even if you clearly state on your profile you don't want it they will still ask and then insult you if you say no. I DO like that only people you match with can message you. That saves a lot of time.

OKCupid I like. I like having guidelines to write my profile by. The questions are fun to answer and honestly help me gauge what kind of person the guy is. However, I get a lot of messages from guys who obviously don't read my profile, are out of my age range and don't even match with me well. That's super annoying. There are a lot of guys on there that want relationships but not a lot of them feel like putting in effort.

POF I'm not sure about. I hate how it's designed. It feels like Craigslist or something. I don't receive as many messages on there as I do OKC and a lot of the men on there are also on OKC lol so I have already seen them. Also I think people on POF are lazier about filling out their profiles.

• I met my boyfriend on Omegle. not exactly a dating site but u could meet strangers there from all around the world with the options text or video. lots of nasty dudes there tho lol, but the good thing is you could type multiple stuff there like say a movie, book, music, etc. to meet people with the common interest.

We have been dating for almost a year now and everything is great

• None of them, nor the ones not listed

• Tinder is fun to "play" haha but i'm going to go with Plenty of Fish. Why? because i was bored one day and made an account there and that's how i met my current boyfriend of a few months :)

• Safest thing in dating is called the real world. That's my fists and best choice :) lol. But I've tried plenty of fish, there were lots of weridos I had to go through but met a few nice people on there! And the others I haven't tried

• That is not reality for most older people. I work from home. i am newly divorced. I don't have friends. I am not a club/bar person and nobody looks for anyone to marry in a bar, you only look for women to screw. I am not going to walk up on some woman on the street and ask her out or talk to her. I would think that would be creepy to her beyond belief even if I was the type that would do it.
      POF is by far the best. Tinder is pretty good also.

• I love dating people on GAG. Insert Troll face here

• I was on Ourteennetwork last year. But it really didn't work out. So I used that as a social networking site, talking to guys and girls all across the world. But now that account is thankfully deleted. :)

• i joined that site few days ago.. its acutally preety cool site, met cool people there

• I don't believe in online dating. I don't plan to join one to soon.

• I've only ever used POF, so I can only go with that.

• I only tried Tinder. Haha

• Neither...

• Badoo / Blender

• Okcupid. I like the questions and it helps filter out people.

• I like match because the guys seem to do ok with women in the real world and don't have a big chip on their shoulder.

• I don't have a whole lot of experience with dating sites, but I found my boyfriend on OkCupid within two weeks of joining, and this is definitely the best relationship I've been in. I don't think there's anything about OkCupid that I don't like, even though some of the functions are restricted to paying members. I met quite a few really nice guys on there, and the questions are fun and helpful, so I would recommend it. :)

• This is the one that I would NEVER RECCOMEND!

http://youtu.be/G76YVyoa6BA

• What's so wrong with BlackPeopleMeet?

Afraid of black men? :-P

• It's funny that you ask considering the fact that I'm black, but it's even funnier that you ask considering you know me.

@Prof_Don

• What's with all the snarky remarks? There's nothing wrong with trying out dating sites as long as you take precautions. All the guys I went on dates with were decent and I even met one of my boyfriend's there and I have no regrets. The only downfall is that it's hard to make friends, most guys online want either black or white, nothing in between.

• Club penguin

• More from Girls
    5

What Guys Said 54

• OKCupid seems to have the brightest, prettiest, most intelligent people. I've met more and better people on there than anywhere else. The questions (both in the profile itself and that you can compare with matches) are silly but fun and also help you filter out incompatible people.

POF is the biggest - which means it attracts everyone, and you have a huge number of very odd people (and very huge people). I've had a few dates on there and there was something wrong/worrying with almost all of them. It's a bit of a train wreck.

Tinder is bizarre. It's a hookup app full of girls insisting they don't want hookups. They've all been to Macchu Picchu, they've all cuddled drugged tigers in Thailand, they've all pushed a luggage cart into Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross, they've all sat on a dock by a lake at sunset, and they all think that striking a pose in a tight dress while pulling a duckface is attractive. The occasional individual manages to rise above this morass of posers and cheap bling, and I've met people from it, but the app itself feels very dehumanizing at times. You're actively encouraged to make a snap judgement from a picture or two and that is your one chance before they're gone forever.

OKC gets my vote by a very wide margin.

• I've met girls on 3 of them. The exception being tinder and it wasn't around when I was using it. I also have what seems to be a 3rd party ap of it that keeps giving me matches 50+ miles away even though I specify a close range in my settings.

Match is the worst because not only is it pay, but the people on it already have profiles on pof/okc anyway, so you can just message them there. It's also the same exact experience but worse since you'll be writing to matches who may not be able to reply since they aren't a paying member. Picture going onto a site where only 30% of the matches you're messaging are allowed to reply to you. A non-subscribing member can be messaged but not message back.

POF is ok but it has the problem of just well... throwing pictures at you and nothing more. This would be ok if you aren't into reading profiles but unless you're interested in only meeting people based on their photos, look elsewhere.

OKC in my opinion gives you the ease of in depth, but formatted profile creation and the match questions. While I still think online dating is full of headaches and problems, this would be the one to go with if you want to take the risk.

• i tried at various times plenty of fish, Match, and okcupid... I found them all to be a waste of time since it was hard to find people looking for the same things in terms of a relationship, fwb's etc.

I met my wife through eharmony and felt like it was the best site for a person looking for a serious relationship

• I gave that a chance but I ended up demanding a refund off of that. I don't know why but I just didn't feel like it was working. I hear it's supposed to be the most in depth personality test type of thing but for whatever reason I just couldn't see myself meeting someone off of it.

• I think it all depends on the individual. for me it was the only site that felt like it was helping. I also tried it for about 2-3 months gave up on it and then like 3 years later gave it a shot and had much better success in terms of meeting quality people, and eventually my wife

• I haven't had any luck with any of them;but, that's probably because of my age. I think that it's harder for guys in general anyway. Guys outnumber women on these sites by about 5 to 1. That's because most of the women on there are looking for relationships, whereas, with the guys, besides the serious ones looking for relationships, you have all the other ones looking for a quick fuck. Since it's the guys who make the first contact, women's mailboxes are always overflowing, so they have their pick of the litter; so, unless you're really good-looking and your profile stands out, chances are you won't hear back. Wait, what about on this site? Hey, all you girls, anybody available here?

• POF and Tinder has been my best spots to this point. Although I have stopped dating a few months ago.
    I was divorced in January. I decided to date at the end of march. I dated From the last week of March until the middle of June. I went out with 8 women (although 1 date only lasted 1 1/2 hrs lol yikes it was bad). had sex with 3. 1 of those was from match. com.

• I prefer good old fashioned face to face dating.

• i agree. but everyones on there phones these days :( sad people. they will join the homeless on the streets for one night when the new iphone comes out

• Yeah but that kind of dating is hard to do when you work in a cube all day and live in a boring 'burb filled with families.

• I suppose.

• I tried a few, though none on that list. The ones that I tried were all scams. Most of the female profiles were fake; on a couple I received as many as 200 messages per week from black men in Ghana and Nigeria who pretended (very badly) to be white women in various parts of the world; the female profiles in my area that were genuine belonged to women who were in need of psychiatric care.
    All of the dating sites were scams that kept wanting to dip into my Visa card. One tried to bill my Visa card AFTER I had cancelled my subscription and another put through a fake transaction via PayPal. Neither of those thieves got away with it.

• If I were to try one I would try match. I looked on okcupid and didn't really see many people I found attractive. I hear pof is mostly for hooking up so not interested. Tinder probably not lol. That's just my guess. I would be open-minded but tbh I'm a little skeptical of online dating.

• I used match and I saw so many of the users already had profiles on the free sites. It's seriously identical. I do know a girl who married a guy from it but overall, it felt like OKC but just having to pay.

• I honestly haven't messaged girls in plenty of months on those things. I only have profiles on a "Why not?" basis just in case there is that like 1% chance a girl actually takes initiative and sends a message. I know it'll probably never happen and if it does it'll just be some giant whale, but I never know.

• @Theguyoverthere yeah they don't send messages as often :/

• deffo not tinder. I don't get where all these guys get the impression you need to be a male model to get matches though.

Okc is the best as a guy because that way at least you can message rather than just rely on your photo which the girl may or may not match too.

• I like OkCupid. Eventually, someone there speaks to me. Occasionally I'll get their number, and even less occasionally we'll go on a date, AND even less occasionally something actually comes out of it.

• I'd say PoF because you get way more feedback on that site, even though it is mostly dumb people who don't read your profile. OKC is the other one I used to use, and I get way less feedback on there. When I had a phone, I'd use Tinder, and Tinder was about useless lol. Match is only for people who have money. :P

• I've tried POF and OKC - neither are great. OKC is a bit more pretentious, POF a bit more low brow. :)

• 1|1
  • no site... i'm not into internet dating basically LOL

• Tinder is shallow as fuck and there is heaps of bots and fakers and snobs.
    when it first come out i got heaps of matches, went on heaps of dates.
    im not ugly btw. im not a model either. but now its like im a ghost.
    maybe I've been labelled as a player. but who can blame me being on that fucking app

• Do you have to be on Facebook to use Tinder?

• *zagor* - i dont use Facebook and people on there get to know me and say add me to facebook, wow... really how stupid do you want to be, firstly i dont use Facebook and i just created the account so i could go on tinder, but they say to you when you say you dont have Facebook well how did you create tinder account, im like well ok i have Facebook but dont use it, i have it so i can use tinder, but... then they think your fake or lying because apparently everyone has Facebook these days lol, yeah people who want to tell the world what there doing and think everyone wants to monitor them all the time cause they are so important.

but yeah not like if i had Facebook i would add girls off tinder on there anyways cause all those girls would soon know im talking to heaps of girls and boot me

• i have been using OkCupid for 1 day now and its amazing how much different it is to Tinder, people actually have an interest in talking to you.

Tinder killed my confidence and made me hate myself.
      i have never had a problem in person getting girls. but it still killed my confidence.

• Never used one. Anyone I know who has tends to be dating really strange/creepy people.

• I haven't had luck on any of the sites.. I think IMHO they are all a waste of time... it does not work out in the guy's favor given how super picky the women are on the free sites it's like why bother? I stopped updating POF and never bothered the fill out the rest of OKcupid because again you don't get any hits at all.

The funny thing is how women will say don't say "hi sexy" or whatever, I always ask something about what I saw in her about me section and they never respond.

• Well look at Stuart, isn't he cool reaching Expert level.

• The only one I am on is OKCupid. I've also heard good things about Match.

P. S. I'm talking about relationships, not necessarily hookups

• POF, that's where I met my girlfriend. Only other one I've used was OKCupid but I didn't like any of the girls on there for some reason.

• I thought about trying it since I'm like the only single person I know now lol. But I'm worried about the weirdos and awkward moments. I would think I need time to talk to and gauge people before asking them out.

• I'll admit the only one I seriously tried was tinder and holy fuck was it awful I swiped 300 matches got maybe 7 and they were either fat or crazy. An average looking guy like me needs a chance to use his wit and charm on a girl if I can't and only go on looks I'm screwed since I got no way to distinguish myself

• hahaha i agree. first time i joined i matched like 1000 people and talked to about 100 and went on about 6-10 dates in 1 month. now im like invisible on there haha, im thinking of trying OKCUPID any good? does anyone know?

• all my new matches are either bots with 1 pic and a $120 per hour jobbie or a fat ugly chick when im not fat or ugly so i dont get it

• Same as @d3f3cted. Bots and prostitutes.

• I had some success on Lava Life. But the site was sold and it turned into troll heaven.

• None. Facebook is a great place to meet. But sometimes.. weird things happen :)

• Such as? Now, I'm curious

• @THORNS I work at a software developing company as a system administrator. One day I answer the phone for a colleague. Well a woman had problem with her scanner and for three full days I tried helping her with that machine. On the last call I tried to give her my number. She completely ignored it - but wrote two days later an email if I'd like to call her. We've been phoning ever since, every day for 7 month now. Met her a month later and ever since - we are lovebirds with the craziest ideas :D Though she lives some 80 miles north, it's magical. That just blew my mind how love works sometimes...

• Awwww, that's awesome. Not weird! Congrats

• tinder cause the girls on there are decent and gone on a date with quite a few

• i used to go on about 5 dates a week with tinder. and 3 girls in one night. this is no lie. but now its like im labelled or known to be 'that guy' that just roots and boots. but its cause even though they was hot and attractive for me to root, there personalities was so shit and they was just girls that only cared about shoes and bags and spending my money, i want a girl that is fun to be around, likes the same stuff i like, doesn't try change me. likes beach and outdoors and travel etc. camping and not affraid to get dirty and work on cars and stuff thats hot

• i understand man and you'll get the girl of your dreams, like i said have a positive thinking.

• they all suck, the girls never write back

• Lol tinder isn't a dating site.
    I prefer okcupid, much better analysis and quality of women. POF is terible in quality, despite quantity.

• I've only used tinder so I can't say anything else for any other sites. I've heard Match is a scam tho, and that okcupid is pretty good.
    Tinder kinda sucks tho cause a lot of those girls just use it to boost their ego and not to meet people.
    I'm mostly using it the same way tho so I shouldn't say shit.

• Match used to be good but only because free sites weren't around. Now that free sites are around, match is gonna be struggling to survive as it's not a special interest dating site and free sites have come a long way.

• How informative, @theguyoverthere, thank you

• I don't know man, never done any of them. I'm sure people meet on GaG all the time.

• Instagram! Fast, easy, actually "FREE" and just all around better way to get some poon action ;) lmao

• More from Guys
    24