Does my guy friend like me as more than a friend?

Recently my friend and I have gotten a lot closer. He's started to complement me on things like my eyes, my figure, and how nice I am. I can't tell if I'm reading too much into things and he's just being nice (like I said, we're pretty good friends now) or if he wants something more... So how do you know if a guy likes you? If he does what should you do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm... yeah the guy probably likes you. If he's doing this on a consistent basis (meaning the complement wasn't just a one time thing), I'd take it as a sign that he's interested.

This article will very well describe what guys do when they like girls:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a93-signs-he-likes-you-signs-he-doesnt

If you like him too, then great! You like him, he likes you, so wouldn't it make sense to turn your friendship into a relationship? If you don't like him the same way he likes you, then there's no reason to pursue a relationship. Act as you normally would around him (that would be as a friend, and nothing else), and he'll pick up on it.

What Guys Said 4

• Good question. Since you are the girl id say just tell him you like him or be sneaky and tell him you want to tell him a secret and then lean in and sneak attack kiss him lol. Or actually you could do both but the safer one is to just tell him and see how he reacts

• You may never know. Have to ask him or if shy, write him a note. If he says yes, set the first 'official' first date then and there. Don't make the common mistake wishy washy people do and say 'lets get together sometime.' Times a wasting. Good luck!

• Normally guys won't compliment you often just to be nice. Sounds very much like he is rattling the charm chain to get you interested back. I have done that before myself, which is how I know. Sometimes it works, others it doesn't. If his attempt works, even a blind man could see where that may go

• He likes you

What Girls Said 1

• If he comments on your figure he probably does like you. If he's awkward (shy guy) or teases you (shy+bold) and his friends will act weird around you