Do guys really only care about looks?

I've heard that most guys mostly care about looks when dating girls. Is this true?
**nobody's going to judge you if you say yes. I'm just looking for information.

What else matters?

Most Helpful Guy

• yes initially look is the most important. and many of my guy friends think like that.

however your personally will make you look more attractive. it is hard to get the attention of guys though at first before you can show your personality

What Guys Said 13

• For most guys it's probably one of the most important factors. Men are visual creatures. That isn't to say that every guy wants or expects a model. Everyone has their own levels of what visually appeals to them and this can vary greatly from person to person.

It's like saying that girls only care about money. While it's probably an important factor to many women, it's not fair to assume that is all they care about.

Personality is going to be high on most peoples list. If you don't enjoy being around a person then it makes the relationship incredibly difficult. I don't care how beautiful a girl is, if she's a total bitch or is incapable of an intelligent thought she won't be that attractive to me.

• Nope, it's still an important factor though... I go for looks and personality, if you don't have both of them i'd not be interested. I know that sounds harsh and/or shallow, but imagine if someone you were dating either didn't like your personality or how you look... how much of a punch in the gut would that be?

• No, they don't only care about looks.

however they can tell if they like a girl's looks from a glance, where it may take months before they finally accept she's a bitch.

• No

While I am not drawn to a real ugly girl. I have a wide latitude for female appreciation. Disposition, kindness, honesty, loving personality are the most important things for me. If looks were the only thing that did it, how do all these ugly girls ever get married. Go to Wal-Mart and take a look see...

• A girl's looks gets us attracted. Her personality and qualities, values, etc keep us around (or drive us away, as the case may be).

• Nope, personality connection, a lot of things come into play. Girl and guys both care about looks by the way.

• Well if have to attracted to them if thats what your asking.

• yes because how you look determine who you are. its like job interview, you can't go looking like scrumbag in the streer and expect to get hire.

• A lot of guys ask the same thing about girls.

• only about the same as girls do

• Guys care about looks just as much as girls do.

• Looks matter but not that much.

• That's mostly true.

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't say that they only care about looks. Instead, I would say that they only care about sex.

• Men want a girl who looks good yet they expect a girl to accept them if they unattractive

• Yes. Honestly, guys care mostly about looks. It's not their fault though, this is just how their brains and other organs ;) are wired,,,. so accept it and deal with it.