Do you think it's fake when people say "don't worry you will find your special someone" when they know they probably won't?

I ask this particularly talking about unattractive people. Girls have told me this but I feel like it's just really fake because I'm not attractive at all. Girls who have said this to someone do you really believe this or are you just saying it to make that person feel better?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's completely true. I say it to people all the time. I do believe there's a special someone for everyone. I don't think there's just that one person. I think there are quite a few people that are compatible with one another. Also don't forget beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You aren't unattractive at all. Some girls may not find you attractive. While other girls may look at you and think "Damn". Don't forget also personality plays a bigger role than physical traits do in a long lasting relationship.

• How would you account for my aunt who died a virgin at the age of 89? How would you account for my friend, just two years younger than myself, being a virgin at the age of 44?

What Girls Said 7

• I say it because I believe that every person matches up with another. You don't have to be attractive to find a lover. I like my bf because he is confident, funny, sweet, and a smart ass sometimes. Looks will eventually fade and I like knowing that he doesn't like me just based on my looks, I don't want to loved for how i look.

• If you were disfigured, would your boyfriend even have fallen for you in the first place? If your boyfriend had a blowtorch taken to his face before you met him, would you likewise have fallen for him?

Yes, looks fade, but often not for decades. I've often wondered if physical attraction has a staying power all its own.

• I didn't fall in love with him for his looks. I even told him that I might have a genetic heart issue that could take me in the future and he doesn't care. I have ADD, and most guys get annoyed because I have a short attentin span and I tend to forget easily, but he thinks it's adorable and it keeps him guessing. I would still love him even if he had gone through an accident before I met him because he's just so charming and clever.

• I personally don't think that there is someone for everyone, but that's not a bad thing. Romantic and sexual. relationships are. awesome, but they certainly aren't the key to happiness. I also don't think being unattractive by society'society's standards would necessarily keep anyone from being in a relationship, but it could keep someone from being in a relationship with a shallow person.

• I really believe it because there are 7 billion people in the world, there's no way you can't find the perfect person for yourself. And also there's people uglier than you that are in happy relationships so

• Do you think those ugly people are in relationships with other ugly people? Do you think ugly people find other ugly people physically attractive? I've often wondered if they would not be happier if both parties looked better. I can't help but think they would.

As for the "there's no way you can't find the perfect person...," would you please see my response to justyouraveragegirl. Tell me what you think.

• I think my aunt and my friend are evidence that you CAN go 89 or 44 years and not had at least 1 opportunity to lose your virginity. By the way, an opportunity to lose your virginity with someone you DON'T LIKE is not an opportunity at all. I'm not saying they are proof that you're wrong, but I am saying they could be evidence you're wrong. Estimates say that somewhere around 5 to 10% of all humans who ever lived died virgins. It's not proof you're wrong, but I'd offer that as evidence you're wrong.

• Only attractive people say it!

• I would say attractive people say it more. However, I've heard some unattractive people say it (usually when rejecting someone)

• I see unattractive people with significant others all the time...

• As I have seen attractive people with no one. Granted, that is relatively rare.

More often than not, the unattractive date other unattractive people. Do you think they find each other attractive? Keep in mind when I say "unattractive" and "attractive," I'm speaking strictly physically.

• I can't help but wonder if they prefer to avoid being shamed by use of such words as "shallow" and "hypocrite."

• @Bluemax I think most people can agree when a face is particularly beautiful, but there's going to be people who see someone and think of them as a 10 and another person can look at that same person and think they're a 5, so it's pretty subjective in a way.

Yeah, it seems it's mostly "lonely" and bitter people that like to throw those words around

• I don't have an attractive face and no guy ever approached me in high school but guess what? You can't give up. I joined the gym, spent time learning make up and I also shop wisely. So why give up? Start taking some effort. Join a gym, get a good haircut, dress sharp and smell nice. I know so many guys who are not that good looking but who are still getting tons of girls because of the way they present themselves.

• I think this is an awfully patronising thing to say to someone.

What Guys Said 8

• I don't consider it fake, because it's true, you'll find someone that suits you, but only if you truly want to, and put effort on it. Think about how many unattractive people have a partner; thousands of them. You may think of yourself as unattractive but that doesn't mean you can't have someone.

• Sometimes they are sincere when they say it. They can be mistaken, but people are often sincerely mistaken. Besides, even if they aren't sincere (and some aren't), what do you expect them to say when they know what they believe is the truth will hurt someone?

Have you ever wondered why you're "not attractive at all?" Have you ever asked? Most things that make people physically attractive are within their power to change.

• Of course I have wondered and I am working to change what I can.

• Then you are on the right track, asker.

• Yes but it will never be enough for certain people. There will always be a better looking person out there who I have to compete with. I will have to work five times as hard to keep a girl where as the attractive guy can fuck up a few times but still be forgiven because he's good looking. I have to be pretty much perfect because I'm not that attractive.

• Of all the women in the world, you would literally have to have an ass for a face to not find "the one".

• Take a look at my response to justyouraveragegirl. Tell me what you think.

• @Bluemax tough to comment on your aunts situation, because of her age, socializing was much different, and limited, in her time. You couldnt post your picture to an online profile in her time, so for her to expand her options, she would have had to heavily pursue it herself. As for your friend, two things come into play, he may very well be unattractive to the women he's gone after. But also, he probably wasn't attracted to the ones that showed interest in him. Only reason I say everybody finds that one person for them, is because I was able to be in a couple of long term relationships, and believe me, I'm no panty stopper in the looks department.

• If a person is unattracted to the people hitting on them, then that is not an opportunity and I don't think that could be offered to him as "You see? There IS someone for you!" since his reply would be "Is she REALLY for me if she makes my skin crawl?" People labor under this misconception that ugly people find other ugly people attractive. They generally don't.

• I hate when people say shit like that. Then they most likely talk shit about the person behind their back with the rest of the normal people.

It is definitely a fake thing to say. It like people saying 'you'll get over it' or things like that

• It isn't always a fake thing to say. Sometimes people sincerely mean it. You might think they're wrong, but that doesn't mean they are always insincere.

• it gets annoying but i want to be relentless and believe

• I think they say this because truly they wish it upon themselves, too.

• Yes I believe its fake.

• @Bluemax your aunt was probably fat as fuck and didn't take care of herself at all. She probably never made any effort to look good. Your friend does not work out, groom himself, bathe daily and probably don't even make too much money. Become aesthetic you aarrrrre z hole. Madarchod.

• And HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU ARE NOT AS HOT AS A MODEL? If you were to reach your max potential. . . . . . . How do you freaking know? Everyone should believe that at their maximum potential they are models

• Saaale sluthate par par ke chutiya ban gaya hai na? Misc ka facial aesthetics threads par par ke enlightened ho gaya? What they forget to mention in those thread s that at max potential most guys are equally attractive. DO you think the good looking guys don't spend a lot of time trying to look good? LOL AT U. Phaggot. Stop being one.

• @Kshppatel