How to deal with a "drama queen" boyfriend?

My boyfriend is the most affectionate person i've ever dated, but also the most dramatic, possessive, and jealous.

He gets suspicious when I tell him i'm getting dinner with friends (always girls), and will go as far as telling me to not talk to him all night. He'll accuse of me of meeting other guys when I go to work or dinner with friends, when I am honestly innocent. Every time it becomes a blow out fight and it ruins the day. I try to give him examples, like "How would you feel if I accused you of these things?" but he just avoids it or creates a new topic to argue about.

I love him a lot, but this arguing over non-existent crap everyday is killing the relationship. I need some advice on how to counter him, help!

Most Helpful Girl

• i wouldn't even entertain him. treat him like a child having a temper tantrum. do not give him attention and ignore him when he's acting like that. even leave the situation until he learns to change his behavior. however you may just need to break up with him because his childishness and insecurity prob won't change

What Guys Said 5

• I don't think countering makes a relationship successful.

Being possessive and jealous are two huge red flags for possible problems down the road. You should really consider how much you're able to put up with, whether he is willing to change, and just how happy you are with him.

• Rent a GoPro camera, film your next 12 interactions, and then present it to him as evidence.

Not only will he feel ridiculous, but if he doesn't accept video evidence than it's pretty much a lost cause :(

• Just dump him.
    let him learn the lesson.

• Could it be that he's being unfaithful? It's not uncommon for an adulterer to behave like this from what I've read.

• Break up with him

What Girls Said 1

• you have two options: I am dealing with one myself.
    Leave. Or he will push you to leave.
    Once the infactuation stage is done, people get comfortable and by 6 months to 2 years you realize who a person really is.