Are guys ever afraid of dating independent or aggressive girls?

I feel like I'm kind of aggressive and I'm very competitive, like I get really into sports and I feel like when a guy sees me get really into a game of dodgeball or something, I'm afraid I might seem too intense and into the game. I'm also a little independent and don't like a lot of help from people sometimes, but not all the time.

Most Helpful Guy

• I for one love an independent girl, it lets me know that she is strong! and that if she wants to be with me its because she wants to not because she is needy, it also means they are busy and active and they will allow me to have a little more space than the average girl. Aggressiveness can be sexy or a turn off, it depends how the aggressiveness is interpreted in a certain situation.
    An example for a turn off aggressively yells at me while we ice skate cause i can't keep up on the ice!
    An example for sexy/turn on grabs you by the hand and leads you to the dance floor then places hands on hips!

As long as your aggression doesn't challenge his masculinity you should be fine!

What Guys Said 8

• That's fine and you probably just have a really strong personality. Some guys will dig it, others won't. That's life.

You might be able to attract more guys if you tone it down a bit, but don't be someone you're not. Eventually it will come out that you like sports, are independent, etc. You just have to explain that to a potential suitor in a non-aggressive way so he can understand without cowering in fear, running away or trying to dominate you.

• Being independent is good. Being competitive is not good. Being competitive means that you're judging yourself in comparison to what other people are doing, which is a secondhand outlook on life. You should be productive, not competitive. There's nothing wrong with competition, though. In fact, it's the almost-inevitable by-product of production.

• girls MUST be independent!!!

• No its not a problem, unless you have a neck tattoo then your screwed dating other guys with neck tattoos

• Yes it's a problem because it's not feminine

• The only reason I wouldn't date a girl like is if she's into sports too. Otherwise I don't care.

• thats the dream!!

• Why would we be afraid? Terrible word choice if you ask me, try again.
    As for dating a girl like that I could see why you think we are hesitant. I think that that is just us preferring someone who makes it easier to play the role of "dominant".

What Girls Said 1

• Trust me, I'm worse. I constantly feel the urge to fight someone, all my friends find me intimidating haha