Are there "nice girls" like there are "nice guys"?

I'm talking about the bitter dateless guys that like to think their problem is being nice, this seems to be just a male phenomenon?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 11

• I can think of one girl I know that is pissy that she doesn't have a boyfriend, and she says, "Guys just get scared because I'm a good, nice girl." When, in reality, she is not good nor nice. I don't know what in their heads makes them think they are good or nice, yet they are bitter about no one dating them. She drives me up the wall! She cannot kiss twenty-three guys in eight months, be rude and clingy, and expect to have a guy.

I don't entirely believe all guys pull the nice card when they want sex. I think it's a matter of how they feel about rejection. I feel like I am a relatively nice (I can be a huge asshole though) girl who would make a good girlfriend, but I don't get all hellbent over rejection. You pick up; you move on.

It's by all means not just a guy thing. It's an entitled, conceited person thing.

• Yes. And they both finish last.

• Lmao. I disagree. People who try dating those who are incompatible finish last.

• theCatcherintheRye - I'm unsure how that was inferred. It's just compatibility. There is no inherent value in good/bad. "Bad" isn't the epitome of attraction - attractive is the epitome of attractive. Personally, I'm a nice guy and mainly attract bad girls, but I don't reject them because they are "worse." It's just not what I'm attracted to.

• There are nice girls but they think guys just aren't interested in girls like them. They don’t blame their personality for it. They litterally are NICE GIRLS. They accepted it and are content with who they are. Yeah, they might have problems snagging that guy, but you never hear a girl saying guys don't like them because of who they are.

• there are nice girls out there. but they are often at home nursing a broken heart or being a true friend and nursing their friends' broken hearts. or maybe the nice girls are smart and just stay at home playing video games with each other because they know they can't keep up with the other "games" out there.

• Yes they are out there. I don't see them complaining nearly as much as "nice guys" but they are out there.

• yes, there are. they usually get less opinions than 'nice guys' because their questions are short stories.

• I've never seen a girl saying ''Nice girls always finish last'' or that typical ''nice guy'' lines, if that's what you meant.

• Yes, that type of thing. Some of the people who commented here seem to have misunderstand me...

• Hahaha.
    I'm sure that there are some girls like that, lol.

• Perhaps they're just less vocal about their bitterness then.

• Well, there are quite a few girls who claim that guys don't like them because they aren't "sluts"
      I think of them as the same. Don't see much of them on gag though.

• It's more of a male phenomenon because guys are socialised to believe they're entitled to sex if they're "nice"; and to blame women if they're not interested. There are plenty of girls who have unrequited crushes on their guy friends it's just they don't tend to have the mentality as much that it's the guy's fault and by being friends with her he's led her on in some way and then put her in the "friendzone". Unfortunately they're more likely to blame themselves or to blame the women the guy they like is into. In neither situation is it really anyone's fault that one person likes another and that person doesn't return their feelings; it's just something that happens sometimes and it kinda sucks but it doesn't make sense to blame anyone or assume that because you've been nice to them a person is obliged to go out with you

• i dont believe the term "nice guy" or "nice girl" means dateless guy/girl, but everyone loves to make their own descriptions.

i'd like to think i'm a "nice girl" since i don't smoke, or take drugs, and drink on occasions, and have only been with one guy in all my years (my choice), and don't curse or swear unnecessarily and don't have a sassy attitude and have humility and self discipline and study hard (and play hard), and don't dye my hair or anything and don't discriminate among guys (and girls) personalities or race, and don't think about dick every 2 seconds, my only downside is that i had a trauma in the past that turned into a phobia that makes me want to kill molesters and rapists and fear guys i don't know.. so yeah.. (fyi i don't get treated like a doormat, i used to in highschool because of my race and got bullied, but that's different)

and yes i'm into nice guys, i wish guys stopped thinking that girls don't like nice guys, i mean they shouldn't accept being abused but they shouldn't act like assholes.. girls like guys who can fend for themselves and don't get pushed around, that said its not hard for a guy (even those with very light builds) to defend themselves, they just need to learn martial arts or other methods of self defense

aikido is an effective martial art that is specifically designed to defend against and counter attackers from people 3 to 4 times the defenders weight by using the enemies weight and force against them, that's a good one..

i can technically teach it but i'm not a 3rd kyu yet, you need to be a black belt 3rd kyu or 1st dan to qualify..

• You could say im one of them. Im always the girl that the guys think is like a little sister they never treat me more than that, im always nice to everyone but also shy and secluded so i don't have confidence like girls who make a move. its not just guys there are girls like this.

• Oh I didn't mean girls that just haven't been successful with relationships, I meant are any girls bitter about like "nice guys", and attribute it to being nice.

• Oh ok, there are probably girls like that there must be. Girls can be very bitter if they have had no chance in relationships so they start to dislike men, but im not one of those

• Okay, thanks for answering. Don't worry, I think plenty of people your age haven't had a relationship.

What Guys Said 6

• It's more a male phenomenon. There are nice girls who get treated as doormats but they don't get the same experience.

The true parallel of the male 'nice guy' is the girl who is always fwb, never girlfriend. She gives guys what she thinks they want immediately with no strings and never insists on more.

• I mean obviously there are girls who are nice, just as some guys are actually nice. I don't really see how that is analogous, a girl who is always just a friends with benefits is perhaps taken advantage of, she's certainly not bitter like a "nice guy".

• I've never felt the female version of a nice guy in real life lol.

Whenever a girl would complain to me how she got friendzoned, it was usually because she was hitting on a guy whose either:

A) Out of her league
    B) Not interested in relationships
    C) Emotionally indecisive
    and so on...

There are way too many thirsty and desperate males for those nice girls to never get love lol, they're just picky about the guys they approach.

It's much more of a male phenomenon where guys unfortunately believe that simply being nice will make a girl drop the panties. People are kinda expected to be nice in general, I don't understand why some guys think acting extra caring should win them sexual brownie points lol. The girl either likes you or she doesn't, being more nice to her won't make her fall in love any faster lol. I had to learn from experience.

• If I may use a stereotype, girls tend to blame themselves not others. So they don't get bitter.

And being "nice" is actually a good trait for girls, because it makes them seem innocent and good hearted. Even the part about nice people being passive and shy, those could also desirable traits for a girl too.

• I guess if "nice" is used as a euphemism for "weak" that's not so much a problem for a girl.

• Yes! There are! Nice guys make me upset sometimes when they overlook these girls whilst contradict themselves by going for bad girls.

Nice girls >

<3

• I am nice guy but I'm actually nice and not bitter. Damn those guys for ruining my reputation!

• So what does "nice guy" mean when you use it? Does it apply to anyone that's not a prick?

• Nice to me is someone who is respectful to other people and treats everyone with respect until a person proves to you they don't want it. Someone with a good character. This to me can go for a guy or a girl.

• Dateless bitter people exist in both genders. Men get the name "nice guys" because they don't know what women want, so have never developed the traits women desire. They think the woman just wants him to be "nice". That means he has nothing to offer her. With women it is different because guys are very honest, about what we want. We are so honest that women constantly complain about how shallow we are. In truth women want the same thing men want. Women want a guy that sets her loins on fire, above anything else. Just being nice doesn't make women horny, and men need to realize that.

• That actually makes sense, unappealing women realise why they're unappealing whereas some unappealing men are deluded into think they're too nice.