Guys I need a mental shake-up?

Ok guys I know how this is going to sound, but recently I got into the whole mmo thing (online gaming) and I've met a couple of people online. One of these people (here comes the crazy train) is a 17 year old male who lives in America. I myself live in New Zealand and am 19. Warning bell number one so to speak. We've been chatting and skyping for nearly a year and things have been 'deepening' for awhile now, to the point where both of us have been considering delving into the whole 'long distance relationship thing'. My head and heart are warring people, I don't know what to do!

Most Helpful Guy

• In my experience, long distance relationships usually don't work out. Most people won't turn down the chance to date someone in person or have sex in real life if given the opportunity.

What Guys Said 6

• Rule #2: Long distance relationships never work.

You can be friends, but that's all you'll be. If you try to do anything else you'll just wind up causing yourself drama, and wasting your life on the computer while someone in the real world passes you by.

• Long distance can work - if there is a chance you'll ever meet and settle together. Yet again you are very young and may rush head over heal into something you don't wan't to get into.

I did find my meanwhile ex-wife over the internet some 15 years ago. I am german, she's american. Getting the divorce took me 8 years. So don't make that mistake :) But if you enjoy his company - do the best out of the situation you are into. It might as well just work out.

• If you're not going to move to the states or he isn't going to move to New Zealand then forget about it. There is no point whatsoever in "dating" someone who will never be physically there

• Ultimately if you don't think you will ever meet, I'm not sure it's a good idea.

• Long distance relationships don't work from my experience.

• Are you guys students? Maybe one of you could go to other's country as a foreign student?

What Girls Said 0