Why do some girls date guys who are so old that their partner could be their father based on age?

I certainly wouldn't date a woman who could be my mother, especially not at my current age which is 22. Yet many females end up dating guys who are 32 despite the fact that they are 16. While it's already a good question why those guys are seeking out girls that are so creepily young, it's also strange how these girls seek out guys who are so creepily old.

I DON'T GET IT.

What is the appeal in dating someone who could be your parent based on their age? It is extremely weird to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I certainly fit your description. I am 19 and my guy is 30. We was one of my professors.
    I am sure age was unrelated to my attraction. We have many things in common such as travel, education, and family relationships.
    I've dated many many guys my age and for the most part just didn't find them able to hold my attention.
    My guy and I don't live together, and allow other dating. Neither of us has though. He is very patient with me.
    I simply am more attracted to mature, sophisticated guys.
    :)

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't care about age so much when you fall for someone. It is also likely that certain characteristics one person likes are more commonly found in people of that age group.

I prefer girls younger than me because I'm young at heart and find I'm more compatible with them as opposed to many girls my age who are more focused on careers and family.

What Girls Said 3

• Well older guys are more mature, they are more financially secure, better in bed... plus age is just a number. Oh yea and older dudes of course they prefer the younger one because mmh we are just tighter lol

• Parental issues

Or maybe they just get along better with them. You'd have to ask them.

• Even in the case of parental issues, it's weird. I've heard the claim that "because they are more mature" and of course the obvious "because he has a job which means he can buy things for me" (yuck) but I find it physically conceptually awkward.

• That's your opinion, because you grew up believing that people should date people of a similar age.

This is what you deem normal, so anything outside of your view of normal is strange/weird/disgusting. I used to think the same until I fell for my friend who was 16 years older than me. I seen him as a person, not just his age when it happened.

I do think thhe parental issues and dating them because they can buy things for them is bizarre though. Mature, nah, maybe they only seem it to the kids they're normally with.

• Because age is just a number... not

What Guys Said 7

• Women are attracted to the most dominant and stable men, sexually attractive men, the men most pleasurable to be around. So if a young woman is dating an older man--well, it means he was the most pleasurable, sexy, dominant and stable man she spends time with.

So if that bothers you, up your game.

• I dunno. I like older women, but not that OLD.

Maybe it's the sugar momma mentality. Younger guys please older women and get stuff paid for.

Kind of like Ashton Kutcher in the movie "Spread."

• Women crave power, stability and protection from a man - from a biological perspective. Men crave fertility and healthy genes in a woman -again, from a biological perspective.

That makes older men and younger women an attractive pairing.

• Simple answer, because that's who they fell in love with.

• you can get too much care when dating a old partner + less financial problems and most of all sincere and mature decisions are done by the old one which makes the relation strong.

• I'd think equality would make the relation stronger, considering the younger one in this case is completely dependent on the other.

• yep you are correct too however being old not a big deal for me unless we both like each other

• Because most older guys have money. Is the only reason I can think why a young girl would date someone older than her?

• yeah, I heard that it's "maturity" and "money" but honestly I still wouldn't want to go out of my age range even with that. Also I'd feel like a piece of shit for leeching someone else's money, haha.

• Well it seems like girls who do it don't mind lol.

• money money money