If you have a girlfriend and you ran into an old best friend who is female, would you catch up and stay in touch?

Ran into a guy I was great friends with back in the day. We have kept in touch and it's totally platonic. I admit I feel weird he texts with me but its not a lot, it's frequent for catching up but again, platonic.
I feel he values our connection and past friendship.
But is this unusual? Would you do this too? I stay at a distance I guess I just don't know if it's ok to be in touch. I know guys and gals can be friends it's just that I try to be respectful.

I ask because I don't know if I'm being too distant because obviously yes im glad we ran into eachother and don't want to lose touch again.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why the hell is it unusual, to keep in touch with old friends? You are seriously weird..

• Lol relax honey. Relax.

• Go watch some cartoons, insert immature smiley face. Now say something else because you can't let this go! You're quite young and there is no need to call someone weird just because you don't see where I'm coming from. When you get older you'll see and understand boundaries.

• Well you talked down to me, so I responded. Boundaries? Keeping in touch with someone, is not a boundary.

What Guys Said 3

• No i would value our old friendship and keep in touch. Of course if my girl wants it to be open book, then i am ok with it.

• Yes, I'd love to stay in touch with someone I was close with.

• I would keep in touch but keep some distance too. My primary focus is on my family, and my closest friends. For me it's not necessary.

• By family I'm including my girlfriend, planning for a family is obviously on my mind.

What Girls Said 2

• Yea I also feel like guys don't talk to their female friends as much if their intrested in another girl. But it's not weird 1 guy friend (we're not friends anymore though) that I would talk to everyday was intrested in another girl.

• Ignore the underage idiot.
    Yes its fine to keep in touch :)