Why do guys talk to other women while in a relationship?

Every 6 months my bf talks to a different girl on Facebook for about a week.. He claims he's just bored an just wanted to see if he still has it.. We have been together for almost 5 years an we have two kids together.. I catch him every single time an i start packing my stuff an says he will stop that he loves me an wants to be with me blah blah blah... My question is why do guys talk to other women while in a relationship with the mother of their children?

Most Helpful Girl

• His reasons are immature why would he want to know if he still got it if you are his woman he should be trying to impress you and still dating you not worrying about random girls. Also he needs to channel his boredom into your relationship not outside of it

What Guys Said 7

• That definitely seems suspicious. I think he's getting caught personally. I never understood why guys are like that. Granted I technically have "mutual friends" who are girls overall there's a premise behind the friendship whether it's because of work or somewhere I naturally pass through in my daily life. Outside of that, nothing really.

• lol i dont think i would do that considering how mad it would make me if the girl did that. especially over the internet its one thing if u flirt with the girl in real life because you run into eachother, but going out of your way to chat someone up on the internet where there really is not a "reward" for doing so just kinda seems weird.

• Yea he works with nothin but guys so he dont have women interaction so he goes on facebook.. He deleted his Facebook but it took him 4 days to do it so i think he got the girls number an is textin them behind my back..

• lol i work with all guys too. is he an engineer/programmer? i still dont get it tho lol.

• I may do it without realizing that it upsets anyone unless they say so. From my own expectations, marriage (or engagement) is the only actual lasting worthwhile "relationship". If I'm serious enough with someone that I would expect talking to other women to be bothersome, then I would suppose it's time to tie the knot.

• mostly about bird droppings, or about economics

• Um, same reason girls do it.

• he's looking to leave but finding a replacement before he does

• Thats what everyone is tellin me..

• But how do i leave when he keeps threatening me that he's gonna take me to court to get custody of our kids...

• you sort your legal stuff out first and gather evidence against him so that in court you will win either that. or say your taking the kids out and just never come back

• They're 50% of the population. It's kind of hard not to

• I understand that but tellin them ur single an calling them babe an wantin to meet them an wantin them to send naked pics? That is cheatin!

• lol, I highly doubt it... but if you're that crazy then I understand why he's shopping. What I don't get is why he's still with you.

• He has the same on my car!! he's the one that got them put on it was his idea!! An if i was to do the shit he does id be dead!! Just sayin.. Not tryin to start fights!! Just wanted other peoples experience!!

What Girls Said 4

• My boyfriend is the same, pisses me the hell off. I'm assuming they're just idiots. Thinking they can have anyone they want. I'd leave for a couple days, see how sorry he is and if he really loves you he'd quit it.

• I've left for weeks at a times not talked to him then i do he begs me back i come back 6 months later he's doin it again

• The men who do that are jerks and they do it because they feel that their SO is going to go no where and they do not have to worry about being lonely while exploring their options

Some men do it as an ego boost but they are still douche bags either way

• wouldn't be my bf if he'd do that

• Well when u got 5 years an two kids one being 4 years old an one being 5 months its kinda hard just to walk away...

• I know... dont wanna be in your shoes. Get pro help!

• Thank you.. Ill ask him if he wants to try that when he gets home today..

• Why not just talk to guys on the internet? I mean what's good for the gander is good for the goose too right? If he gets mad tell him what he tells you or say," I thought it was OK since you do it" I'd treat him the way he treated me. And you don't need a man to raise kids, women do it all the time.

• I know i dont need him to raise my kids.. Its hust the fact that we have 5 years together an 2 kids i never wanted to raise my kids apart.. But im not gonna raise then in a relationship with cheatin an not lovin each other.. So when my daughter gets out of school in may i am leavin. he's just goin to do it again an again an again an in 10 years he's gonna leave me for someone else.. Im not gonna put my kids threw that... I went threw that as a kid an it fucked me up pretty bad..

• Good ur smart

• Thanks.. He dont get jealous of me talkin to other guys... So that won't solve anything an im not gonna stoop down to his level an be him!