Should I date women with kids?

Should I date women who have kids despite not having any of my own? Would you? What are the pros and cons?

Most Helpful Girl

• if you are financially stable to where you can take on kids in your life then i would definitely consider it i think you should just don't take on so much you can't handle because when u get close to someone with kids well serious there kids become your kids and you will want to do stuff for them even thow there not yours and i wouldn't date someone with kids if your just out for fun or a good time because they are looking for someone who isn't out for the wrong reasons and that isn't gonna run in and out of there kids lives the great thing about it is it teaches you a lot about parenthood and growing up you have other people beside your friends you can play video games with hahah yay its just like marriage game over thats what its like dating someone with kids haha that was a joke

What Girls Said 8

• Why not. Every one hates it when I talk to a guy with kids. They think it is considered lowering my standards. but it is NOT. It's great people out there who have made mistakes, thought they met their true love and wanted to settle down with but honestly who cares.

As long as they don't tell you to babysit or buy them stuff or throw their responsibilities on your shoulders I wouldn't worry.

If their children effect the time you two have together then I would say that. And let her know. Girls with children often look for father figures for their children, unconsciously. And "Good " mothers want to be with men who are willing to take on that reponsibility. No questions asked. Although They will not admit it. But it is definitely something they consider when talking to a guy unless they just want to have a good time.

You never know what will happen if you take a chance you might see some qualities in her that you may want to look for in a wife.

Take a chance.

• It takes a special guy or gal to take on some else's Baggage on as they refer to them. If you have a heart of gold, a lot of due patience, then working together as a team with one another and Not Against one another because they may throw it in your face: They are not your kids, butt out," then it can be done and eventually accomplished if you work hard enough.
    However, with the kids in Toy land, is often an EX in Hell at the other end, who may be in the background, sitting on the sidelines, ruling You and Whoever is sitting in the nest with you and the little ones and that in itself is a battle of the bulge.
    My sister went through it when she married a man with 3. They would come every other weekend to visit and stay and of course, it was a mad house with a lot of action and mayhem. It took time for everyone to adjust and of course there was Rose, his EX, not so Rosy but more like War of the Roses during the children's growing up daddy home time.
    But as time went on and with the love and endurance, things somehow found a way of ironing themselves out. The one thing to bear in mind through it all, no matter who their pick of the crop is, the Jack in the beanstalks will always be top shelf and top pick and you have to either accept it or walk away and find someone with nothing but her own bare essentials...
    Good luck. xx

• A woman with children has different priorities than a woman without children so If you know yourself, your limits, your values, what you want for your future, then go right ahead and ask her out.

I have had some fun (sex) with a guy who has kids but I could never be in a serious relationship with the guy. When I decided that i knew exactly what i want and was ready for a serious relationship (im engaged now) i was done with fathers. I wasn't looking for friends anymore.

here are my personal reasons.

-Ultimately I want to get married someday and i just do not want to be a step mother. I would like for my husband and I to have our own children together. That is just what I want for my future.

-I dont want to deal with the babymama. I know exactly what kind of person I am and I am just not the type of person who can deal with another woman hanging around my man, even if she is just being the mother and not trying to get back with her ex. I know that dad will always have to help her out becasue she is the mother. Also if she is the type to be resentful then no way will i deal with a woman who is always trying to start fights with me or my man and use the children against him, i just dont want to be in a relationship where there are negative outside influences

-for thoes that say "well they are mostly with their mother" I also just do not believe that it is okay for people to have children and not take care of them so i will not date a man who does not share my values.

-I would also feel like I am coming in between a family. I dont want the kids seeing me as the other woman. "Daddy used to be with mommy, now he is with an other woman." I just couldnt deal with that.

-if we were to get serious, then at some point I am gonna have to spend time with your kids, it just can't be avoided. The father that i used to have fun with asked me to meet his kids because he wanted to be serious with me and i told him that i am not the one

• That's a very personal decision and only you know what you are comfortable with. As a woman with children, I think we deserve at least a second glance, and it would be nice to be seen as an individual rather than just somebody's mom.
    As a mom though, I value things differently than I did when I was single including those I love. She would probably be very loving and loyal to you. Also, from my position anyways, I'd do everything I could to give a guy like that his "own" child if that's what he wanted.

• If you like the woman then yes. Don't let the fact that she has children stop you. That may be your true love. There will be some pros and cons. The kids may not like you at first, but once you get to know them and they get to know you everything should be fine!!!<3

• you should you may have some problems with them and you may wait more until you get to marry her or have kids in their own but I don't know those kids can get to love you a lot and you can get to love them back maybe as your own kids and you'll have more experience when you get kids of your own.

• If you think you're prepared to deal with a busy mom and look after her kids as well.

• You will have to care for them.

What Guys Said 4

• No, if you don't have kids yourself you aren't on the same level as her. There are plenty of single fathers out there who can date these single mothers. You don't have the patience or maturity to put up with a single mother, I don't care how mature or patient you think you are.

• step-daughters are hot, step-sons are conflict

• Keep your money, let them keep their problems.

• I probably would not. A mother will always put her children first, which means there's a good chance she will use you if it means helping her kids. Most mothers have no qualms about fucking over a guy in the interest of helping their children. You become nothing more than a tool in that scenario, and their motivation to help their children overrides any guilt they might feel.

I would also be leery of a single mother's character. I would want to know why she is a single mother. Did she choose to be? Does she feel it's OK to raise kids without a father?