Who should pay for the date?

I know that most of the time the guy should pay for the date. But is it important for a girl to offer? When should a girl pick up the tab? Please advise.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I would think that it is important for a girl to offer to pay for her own half. But if the guy allows you to pay for half, then I wouldn't be looking for a 2nd date. A guy should always pay for the first couple dates. After that, I would imagine the girl pick up one of the tabs. But I am not an "expert" on dating, so I don't know. But as far as the first date, the guy should pay, no questions asked, especially if he invites you. But if you make an offer to pay for your half, then it makes you not look like you're a gold digger, so to speak.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm with Jarett, It's a sick tradition that a man is expected to still pay for the meal even though women are very much part of the work force but, I'm okay with men paying for the First few dates.

She should definitely offer, I usually just let her cover the tip.

It would be great if women actually thought going 50/50 on the meal but from the many girls who are offered dates from a lot of guys, they say if the guy doesn't pay, he doesn't play no matter what.

Sick huh?

What Girls Said 5

• Ah, the male ego . If it's a first date and the guy asked you out, he will expect and even want to pay, and I think you should let him do it . Otherwise, it depends . Who asked whom ? How much did the date cost ? Oh, and who has more money to pay for dates ? I mean, if you are a banker and he is a starving artist or something, he will probably resent it if you never offer to pay . On the other hand, if you always offer to pay, he will feel emasculated . Sigh . The best thing is probably to talk about it on the second or third date, and agree to whatever works for you . But, again, on the first date, let him pay, and give him a sweet smile and a thank you -- that's what most guys seem to want, in my experience .

• Go halves simple as

• I personally think whoever asked for the date should pay. I don't really think it's fair that if the woman asks the man on a date, that he still has to pay for it. Just my opinion though.

• he should

• idk