Just started dating a guy but I'm so nervous around him, help?

I liked this guy in my class for a while, and we r both in band and in the same section (both play also sax) and he asked me out and I said yes. Before we could talk but now I get so nervous around him and I smile, and blush (I never really did before) and I blank out on what to talk to him about. We r so awkward around him and it's like I have no filter! Also all my friends r teasing us and he is my first boyfriend... What should I do? Also we r both freshman

Most Helpful Girl

• Aww thats soo cute, just be yourself, he won't notice your nerves coz he will be to busy concentrating on how to control his own, it will get easier, you will become less awkward n less shy after you have been dating him a while longer

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Ah the first Boyfriend :) well what you are experiencing is completely normal. Might i suggest you arrange 'dates' away from your friends, dont get mad at them because they are just happy for you! Even though you are blushing, try to 'think' through them, make light over your shyness. Yes something has 'changed' but as its early days you are still the same as before he asked you.

• Try to get some alone time and talk about common interests, it's good to try and plan some convosation topics before hand