Is it a bad idea to date multiple guys at once?

Several guys asked me out and I said yes. I plan on going on dates with each guy that asked me. (Just like the Bachelorette). Is it considered slutty to date multiple guys if your single but not sleeping with them? I am an 18 year old girl.

Most Helpful Guy

• No - not at all, and I would recommend it. Now, you said "date." When I think "date" several people I do not think "sleep around with" several people which could cause loads of problems, the least of which is psychological. Maybe some women could handle multiple sex partners in a dating situation, but most can't. the sex takes the relationship to a more intimate level with women and that can cause confusion. I suggest being very careful in this area. To date several guys to find out who might be more compatible is wise. If you find one that you want to get to know more, then you tell the others that you are going to try and make a relationship with someone else work. above all - if you want to AVOID NEEDLESS DRAMA - BE HONEST ABOUT DATING DIFFERENT MEN.

What Guys Said 4

• It might not be all that respectful to the guys you are going on a date with, however, if it's just a first date I don't see that as much of a bad thing. It really depends, and you have to explain to each that you are going on a date to see if they are compatible with you and not that you are actually committed just yet, as in, officially boyfriend and girlfriend.
    There is nothing wrong with going on date until you are committed into a relationship, but once again I suggest you make it clear that although you are going on a date with them that it doesn't specifically mean you are both "together". If they have the wrong idea, they might think you are cheating.

• After all, that is what a date is prior to a relationship. A getting to know the other person.

• If you're serious with any of them then yes its bad. If none are serious at all then no.

• Casual dating is fine. That's why there's a difference between 'exclusively seeing each other'.

• Yes it's ok but communication is key pleas be honest I was burned by a girl who told me she was single and wasn't seeing anyone else and then I found out she was seeing her ex husband and some new on the side sleeping with both :/

What Girls Said 0