I'm pretty sure a 14 year old likes me? Does she and and do I do? *URGENT*

There's a girl at school who I think is really hot. She likes 99% my photos on Instagram and on Facebook and looks at me a quite often. She was with one of her friends and they were both looking at me and the girl and her friend started to move closer to my group of friends. She must have been looking at me because when I looked in her direction she looked away fast. Sometimes doesn't look at me and looks down with a little smile. I was talking to a guy in her class when I was walking back to my class and she was there. I didn't take much notice but her attention instantly went to me talking and I think she was smiling. Most days at lunch we look at each other but I don't approach her and even today all her friends stopped and looked at me at the top of the stairs for a second. I haven't actually spoken to her yet. I'm 99% sure she wants to get with me but the only problem is that she's 14 and I'm 17..

*what do i do?

Most Helpful Girl

• No more than a 2 year age gap, ever, is what I have learned. Especially in adolescence. You're figuring out the rest of your life, colleges, careers, who you're going to be in the real world, while her biggest concerns are probably more hair and makeup and "OMG becky is a total bitch."
    And also, its no lie, if she's "mature enough" to like boys older than her, she probably likes boyS older than her. She is probably pretty boy crazy and either isn't ready or won't be willing to be in an actual relationship. Shoot for 16, 17, or 18. You're almost a man, don't date children.

What Girls Said 6

• she does seem to like you, but.. she's too young. I think that at least 1-2 years age difference is ok, (my bf is 15 but mature for his age, and I am 17) but, 3 years is too much. You will turn 18 soon, and she will still be young. At her age she isn't really that mature and she is still very young, and is still considered a child. Sorry to say but, it's not a good idea to pursue this. I wish you the best! :)

• It depends on a lot of things, namely maturity level and whether or not her parents would allow it. Just asking for advice here shows sincere concern, and that you really like her, at least enough to get advice before making a move... which is rare. There's no harm in getting to know her, and in turn you will get your answers.

• aaaah this is exactly what my ex crush used to do to me.
    but if you think she likes you why not talk to her more and flirt and see how she reacts?

• So you're saying she likes me?

• By what I said I mean I've observed her; I haven't spoken to her or anything yet, but when I walked near her she was too scared to make eye contact with me and was looking everywhere but where I was.

• then it's time to talk to her. try to be very attractive and don't be a player. flirt with her

• When a girl likes you, her friends will know it and they will act weird around you. So, yes it sound like she likes you. And also that she smiles when you're around is a good sign. Maybe she asked your friend about you, just so you would notice her because she knew your friend would tell you.
    I understand how you feel about the agedifference, but if you like her back maybe you should think about talking to her anyway :)

• Its ok, she can be ur gf age not big deal i think

• No dude, not okay. She just hit puberty a year ago, and you're 17. I am 16, and the though if a 14 year old boy is kinda sick. When she is 18 then go for it, but now she is a kid - even though she might not look like it.

• she doesn't even look 14

• Helpful opinion!

• she may not look 14, but, she is still mentally 14 and people at that age aren't mature enough for a relationship.

What Guys Said 3

• A 14 year old might SEEM 'hot' but she's just a CHILD discovering hormones.

Do as you'd do with a child: laugh it away kindly. Try not to hurt her.
    Yes, she will not like that but you're not responsible for the fact that her age and hormones make life a bit difficult to understand right now.

Thus just steer clear of her.

• At that point the age difference is a little big gross, although nothing too serious. You're 21% older than her, and anything above 25% generally is seen as too much.

• Don't worry about the age difference, it isn't that bad. Go for it man, she seems like she is interested so make the move.