Wallowing in self pity?

I'm 17; never had anything serious. In June i had a fling I guess you could call it but it was nothing to tell you the truth. All of my friends have bfs and all they do is talk about how great it is, how they're happy, the sex is good, etc. well I'm a Virgin. Everytime I start to like someone things go wrong and I don't know why I just sit around and cry because I've neve felt anything like most people have. I feel like it's unfair. I hate getting on forums and anonymously asking for advice. It's embarrassing. I just don't know what to do. My friends try to say shit like oh he was weird you don't need him someone else that's better will come along. Like wtf I hear this all the time. I'm tired of getting a pity party and a sermon. I just need to vent but none of my friends can understand how I feel bc they've never been in this situation.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• Its okay to vent out steam but u have to know where u stand as a person in life and say to yourself that your proud of who you are and what u are because although u might not be what your friends are going through most likely they are rushing it and your still in the waiting line in safety , count it a privilege you are a virgin because you won't want the wrong person to come around to have sex with and you end up pregnant or with an std

• Trust me, there are times in life where you are going to get flooded with attention and eventually you will have your first relationship. It is going to be an unforgettable experience good and bad. Life is not as simple as having a bf or gf all the time. I have been single for quite a while and that is a difference for me because I haven't been single since I am 17. You know that things are just going to happen. Give it time.

• It sounds like you are phlegmatic and phlegmatic / melancholics are the most beautiful people on earth but they are shy they don't know what to say around people they like I am phlegmatic myself trust me it's hard

• Perhaps you should give this dude a chance just to see where it goes at least then you won't feel how you feel.

What Girls Said 0