Could you date someone who smokes?

Could you date someone who smokes? Why or why not? By smoking I mean either cigarettes or marihuana

Most Helpful Girl

• No. My father smokes and will eventually die from it. He has so many things wrong with him from smoking for so long, not to mention the second hand smoke I've been inhaling for the last 18 years. I will never ever voluntarily bring someone into my life that smokes. I couldn't go through this much heartache again. It's truly detrimental to health, and very selfish to the ones that love you.

What Girls Said 7

• yes, I am dating a smoker actually. He smokes cigars, and sweeter cigarettes that smell like peach and blueberries. He's smoked pot but not often enough to bother me. Plus the smell that clings to him is sweet instead of that disgusting tobacco smell.
    Now if he smoked the plain cigarettes and smoked pot constantly yes, it would bother me because the smell clings to your skin, clothes, hair and breath. Let alone the pot makes ya act like an idiot.

• I dont know why everyone is making it a big deal, it's not !! It's like asking will u date someone who wear shorts? Smoking has become something normal in our days. a lot of people smoke. I dont care if he smokes. All I care if he is a good person or not.

• No. It's not healthy. I don't think I could consider a long term relationship with someone who could easily die from lung cancer in 30 years.

• Cigarettes? No. I hate the smell and they are really dangerous.
    Marijuana? Maybe. Depends on what for though.

• no.. they smell disgusting.

• No. I don't like it. Not because I think it's morally wrong or anything as I have friends who do but it isn't attractive to me.

• Yeah; I mean obviously if I liked the guy I'd rather he didn't because I'd be concerned for his health and all; but I don't know; I think I'm probably very media brainwashed because I do kinda find seeing a guy smoking sexy; like it reminds me of James Dean, glamorous/ slightly bad-boyish figures like him.. Also this is probably very Freudian because both my parents used to smoke when I was little and all but I love the smell of cigarette smoke! I haven't had a whole lot of experience with pot to be honest but I doubt that'd bother me that much either

What Guys Said 2

• Nah, I don't, so she wouldn't.

• Yes. I came close actually. Doesn't matter to me if she smokes cigarettes or not.