Anyone grew up traditionally with parents who'd never divorce each other for any reasons and you feel like an anomoly?

In the dating world cause of how easily people cheat, divorce and end things?

Most Helpful Girl

• Wish they get divorce.. they did turn my life to hell.

What Girls Said 3

• My parents are so together. They've been together for 28 years. I don't think they can imagine being with other people. It's really sweet :)

• My parents for sure!

• Yeah I did. My parents FINALLY separated when I was in the 10th grade I was so happy.

My dad cheated on my mom all throughout their marriage even before they got married (when they got married my dad actually had a girlfriend still!).

The only thing that made them actually separate was when my dad became an alcoholic and he started being a complete asshole and totaled 3 cars went to jail.. the works. Even then my mom wouldn't divorce him! She just moved out of their bedroom into the guest room. Finally, my dad left after my mom stopped paying the bills and completely ignored him for about a year and a half.

BUT they would still be together if it weren't for my dad leaving. My mom doesn't believe in divorce and my aunt and grandma are the same way. They all have horrible, drunken husbands who they put up with because they don't want to get divorced from them because they don't think it's acceptable it's so stupid.

I am so THANKFUL my dad is an attention whore (think... any person on a reality show) and decided to leave once he wasn't getting paid attention to anymore. Otherwise he'd probably still be living with us and he was getting really abusive. He even choked me once, but my mom wouldn't press charges when the cops came because she didn't want him to lose his job (update: my dad ended up losing his job all on his own because he was an alcoholic and just plain wouldn't go into work for weeks at a time!)

What Guys Said 1

• Yep. Grew up in India. Here divorces only happen ( or happened in previous generations) because of abusive husbands. Since women are (were) not allowed outside the house there was no question of cheating on their part. And anyways according to Hindu religion, your husband, parents and teachers are like Gods to you. So cheating is out of question. My grandparents, parents, and relatives are all undivorced. And on an average, per 100 people, you'll not see more than 1 who have ever divorced. In my entire life, i have met only one friend who has divorced parents. So i think you can guess the picture. Makes me insecure about my future by seeing how divorces are becoming common as India is modernising.

• UPDATE: there's a ritual in Hinduism, which is called at ' Vat Paurnima' in Marathi language where women pray to get the same husband for next 6 lives. ( it is believed you live 7 lives before going to heaven/hell)

• That was so interesting to read!!! :)

• Thank you :)