I'm scared I made a wrong decision by telling a guy I didn't want to date anyone right now?

So I have been talking to this guy named Ethan for a week now and we mainly talk via text. He is a junior and I am a freshman in high school. I have been told by the girl that set us up that he is a sexual person and I'm honestly not into that. I have been very busy with school lately and I'm surprised I've had time to text him. He's noticed that I haven't been texting him a lot. Today I told him that I liked talking to him but I don't want to date anyone right now. He was either really sad about it or he was trying to be manipulative when I told him. But now it's a few hours later and I miss how we used to talk?(good morning/goodnight texts, cute flirting things)

We are now just friends and I kind of miss how we used to be. But I don't want to date a sexual person because I haven't even had my first kiss yet.

Most Helpful Girl

• honey i suggest you stay away from guys like that. If you're not ready it shouldn't be up to anyone else to persuade you into something you'll regret down he road. Most of my friend has sex during high school as early as freshmen year. All of them regret doing it with their first guy wish they would've waited for their current boyfriend.

you're too young to know what sex is all about anyway. I didn't know the magnitude of sex until i was 18 years old out of high school. Before it was all just fun and games. Sex is nothing casual.

What Guys Said 2

• He is working on you to find the combo to crack the safe, Find a penpa if you don't want to fool with him. Sooner or later he will lose interest if you don't produce. But you can play the game and see how long he goes showing you attention before he gets the message nothing in it for him.

• I think you made the right decision, really. If you're not ready for that, then you're not ready. You're one of the smart girls that knows what she wants and just does it... don't let someone manipulate you.

If he really likes you and wants more than just sex, being friends will be enough for him. Some guys really do have a one track mind, not saying he does but I think you did right by staying on the side of caution.

What Girls Said 1

• Let it go, you just got used to it. As time goes on you'll go back to being used to being on your own. That was a lot of contact with someone you're not dating, never give that much of your time