Is it bad?

Is it bad for a 16 year old to be with a 20 year old even if they have been friends for a while and were dating for a year before they ever did anything?

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in a similar situation. I was 15 when I first started seeing my boyfriend who was 21 at the time. I had known him because his younger brother and I had been friends for 4 years. I think it's good that you waited, I did too. But for someone that age to want to be with you, you have to realize a few things. It says either that he is immature for his age (and maybe that you're mature for your age as well) and that he does want something serious or that he just is a player and wants younger girls. I dated my boyfriend for 3 years but I broke up with him recently, because of the age gap, we are in different phases of life, and want very different things. So to answer your question, I don't think anything is wrong with what you're doing, just be prepared that you might get hurt in the end because of the age gap ultimately. And of course, legally, you have to be careful.

What Guys Said 2

• Unless the legal age of consent where you are is under 18 then yeah, it's kinda a big deal.

• If it is legal in your state, there is no problem.

What Girls Said 1

• morally and personally speaking...that is a personal decision.

however, law abiding citizens wouldn't do that...since it is illegal.