How can guys make themselves more attractive to women?

In what ways do you think men can make themselves more attractive?

Scientifically speaking, do you think wearing certain colors, having a certain hairstyle, or even wearing a specific kind of cologne makes a man more appealing to woman?

Guys, what are some things you do that you think make you more attractive to women?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some research has shown that just making more money is enough for women to judge a guy as a 9 or 10, that otherwise was getting judged as a 4 or 5.

Wearing dark colors is seen as more attractive to women in general, but most guys wear dark colors, so some guys wear bright colors to stand out better, and do well as a result.

Being taller is a huge deal of attraction in women, so good posture, and shoes that add a little height can help.

Well groomed facial hair. Even women that claim they don't like facial hair, often change their mind after their man sports facial hair for a while. I think we just live in a culture of clean shaven actors, so women aren't use to seeing facial hair.

Having a dominant personality, is normally more attractive to women, than being submissive.

Having status is also a major factor. Having a degree is currently seen as a way to obtain status, even if the degree is in a useless field that won't help him get a job. This is why so many women are wanting "educated" men. It has to do with a woman's desire for a man with status. A man making the same amount of money that doesn't have a degree will be seen as less desirable.

Not being fat. People keep lying to guys and telling us women don't care about looks, or if we are overweight. That isn't true. Women care if the guy is fat or not.

Clothes that fit and flatter our bodies. Women like to be able to check men out as well. Wearing bagging butt jeans, may be comfortable, but they aren't attractive.

Clothes that are not worn out. If his T-shirt is getting stretched out at the collar, then it is time to throw it away.

Things like confidence and personality are important, but their has been too much importance placed on them, to the point a lot of guys don't think other traits should matter to women. Men need to get the full story. Looks matter to both genders.

What Guys Said 50

• Be genuinely exuberant, instead of seeming depressed. People like that. You can also learn to fake it if you're an expert, though.

fc05.deviantart.net/.../...ime_by_avid-d2xz9e1.jpg

Other than that, just be yourself.

• But if you are genuinely depressed, "being yourself" means be a Negatron! In such case being an optimist prime would be equal to being a hypocrite. Which means that you cannot possibly make yourself more attractive if you are depressed. Which is depressing in itself.

Like you said, most men need to fake it and pretend they are something they are not. Which is sad but that's what women find attractive so we have no choice but to fit that image.

• What about stoicism? I am generally neither sad nor happy, but emotionally neutral. Even when I do have an outstanding emotion, be it good or bad, I generally don't show it unless I'm around those I am very close with.

• @Brovak I used to be like that, being a slight bit more exuberant helped my social relations I believe. Some people do like the "mysteriousness" but it's a definite crowd. I personally like adapting to the patterns of the other person. Kinda the reason why I personally suck at handling larger groups with many many people whom I don't really know well at all, heh.

• - Steroids
    - iPhone 6 +
    - Maserati
    - Gucci and Prada everything
    - Big house
    - Movado
    - Lots of money

• I try and carry myself confidently by walking tall, and taking control of a situation when such a situation presents itself.

If you're talking strictly about looks,

I gel my hair mostly everyday now that my hair has gotten a bit longer. This includes spiking it up in front and combing it everywhere else.

I try to dress well by wearing clothes that match, wearing clothes that fit my body well, and I wear a leather jacket now that the weather's getting pretty cold out.

I do wear cologne most days when I go to school; I wear Bleu de Chanel

I'm almost always clean shaven; I don't think I look good if I let my facial hair grow out

• Thank you for asking this question; candid feedback from the opposite sex is invaluable.

The one area I have been focusing on the past few months is personal appearance. Since becoming single, I realized I became slack and was wearing the same one or two boring outfits (jeans/chino and solid polo). My wardrobe was aggressively purged of anything that did not fit, and new clothes were purchased that both fit and can do multiple duties since replacing everything is cost prohibitive. I now have about four or five distinct looks that can be rotated throughout the week and be easily added to as I get more money. It easily took 20 pounds off of my perceived weight.

Other changes are scheduling a haircut for every six weeks and identifying and wearing a daily cologne that complements my natural scent without smelling like a Turkish bazaar.

My female coworkers have all approved the changes without any prompting from me.

• I don't do all of these but I think if a guy does all of these he could go from average -above average in terms of desirability

1. Good hygiene
    2. proper grooming
    3. having a flattering hairstyle
    4. Being in shape, athletic build has the most mass appeal since it's neither too big nor too small
    5. Having a good sense of style
    6. Good conversationalist/well spoken/charismatic
    7. Being Whitty/funny
    8. Having a passion/hobby
    9. I don't know but I heard women find men more attractive when they are wearing something red :/

• Believe everything ZZTop says.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wRHBLwpASw

• For me what I've learned it's all about how you carry yourself, how well kept you are inside and out, and how well spoken you are.

Like for me I have a lot of self-respect and very secure with myself, and it really changes the way I interact and go about life. I have a lot to give to myself and I like to selflessly give back without asking anything in return, because I don't need from others what I can give for myself. That doesn't mean I welcome and accept with others give to me of course, and I'm secure enough to ask help when I need it.

Another thing is like to really express all the good things about me. Before I didn't really like myself too much and that showed with myself and how I reacted to people that would have the same flaws as me. But I learned to love myself and know all my best traits and just let that shine. So it really changed the way I carry myself.

Also I like to talk and get to know people. It's so much better to get to know someone purely on the intent of getting to know them without thinking where it will go. It allows the person and I to open up at an easy pace and act on any interest we have on each other.

I like to also take care of myself external wise, because I like to honestly look good. I go to the gym and stay in shape, make sure my clothes look nice, and stay on top of my hygiene. Before I would do that to attract attention, but I feel much better being happy with my own appearance than needing to be happy if others notice.

• OK know there a laot of awsners here but gonna give my 2 cents on the matter like the americans say :P

First of all if you wanna get an advantage over other guys who might be in the same situation as you, you wanna start of by making a girl feel relaxed by being relaxed when talking to her I mean if you come across as nervous or really bucketing it she gonna pick up on that. Since women have a sith sense vibe about them they can genreally into stuff like your body launguge quite well little trait that helps them take care of a new born babies needs in life thanks to evolition : P

any way a list of some other stuff

Confidance: helps with the thing mentioned up above and general having good faith in your own abilities
    Good hygene: I think this works both ways no one wants some one who smells
    Neatly grommed: Be neatley grommed, pretty much have hair neat ish
    Fit + healthy: if you are pretty fit that will also help, you dont have to be some bad ass body builder 6 pac guy trust me
    Goals passions: simple who dosent like people with goals or a passion in their life? : P
    body launguage: have good relaxed body laungage when around that girl you like, a lot of comunication is done with body laungae to
    Sucess: prett much in any general level women like a guy going places in life, how you measure that is up to you
    Not being a door mat: Pretty much dont let a woman walk all over you, you gotta have limits and lines on how much " crap" you can take off a woman or a guy and truest me they have limits and lines
    Be yourself: I know this is cliche and be your self is said so many times, but what they dont tell you is you shoould be the strongest and best version of yourself
    Embrace rejection: this is going to happen to every guy who tries but how you handle the rejection will help you a lot

well there are some of mine hope they at least help a little

• Physically: do my hair nice, wear rock and roll style clothes or dress nicely, smell nice of course.

Always have strong posture, smile and be kind to everyone. **Actually BE kind, your not a "nice guy" because you don't pick on people or objectify women.

Always introduce yourself first to a girl. Otherwise your just asking for awkwardness (if you around her a lot but never say hello.)
    If you get in a conversation, steer it towards shit that you actually know about, and things that she knows as well so you keep the conversation going with less awkwardness.

Have a positive attitude, but also don't be afraid to call people out on their shit.

Don't be whiney. Seriously. Don't bitch. Talk less, do more, everybody likes that shit.

Never try to Alpha dog it, (run around acting like an ass trying to be top dog) **Real alphas bring other people up, not put them down.
    Remember, be friends with everyone, other guys can influence girls to love you or hate you. If guys hate you, guess what they are gonna tell girls when they ask about you?

• Love this ^^^

• This actually reads like kind of girly to me Like if a girl tried to give advice to her guy friend it would be like this.

• Have high self-esteem and confidence. Being yourself and knowing that you are enough and that you don't have to lie about who you are in order to "make" them like you goes a loooong way. Outside of that, I just treat them like humans. That tends to go over well

• Hit the gym, lift weights, build muscle. I got a lot more attention when I went from skinny to muscular/ripped. Dress well but don't dress like a girly-man. Stand upright, chest up, take up space.

• Sad to say but these days it seems to be all about money. You either need to be an exciting bad ass (with no money) who will treat women badly or be a nice guy with money and they will take you for a ride.
    I am currently running out of ideas as nice looking women seem to over value themselves.
    I think both should bring equal amounts to the party, but this seems difficult to achieve.
    Time now to be a single guy and play golf and not try to be attractive to women.

• " nice looking women seem to over value themselves..." or they take care of themselves and just aren't interested?

• Good point Aud_Queen. The same goes for men. It's true.

• I think 'confidence' is what makes a guy attractive to women. Clothing, cologne, hairstyles etc.. are just an added bonus.
    I've seen poorly groomed guys with no sense of style attract beautiful women however i've also come across good looking guys with great hair and nice cloths fail to make any progress, the initial attraction may be good but carries no longevity.

• What do you think it is about those "poorly groomed" guys that's allowing them to attract beautiful women? Do you think any attraction a woman has for a man could be on a subconscious level? Meaning, maybe he smells a certain way, and she can't help but be attracted to that scent. Or, maybe he always wears red, and she is particularly drawn to that color? Or, associates the color with passion. What do you think?

• @chantillykate The smell thing isreal. It's called pheromones. :)

-Androstenone is secreted only by males to attract women and it affects the guy's mood. For example
      -Androstenone has been found to be perceived as more pleasant to men at a woman’s time of ovulation.
      -Androstadienone is secreted by both men and women and it has a positive reaction on women, improving their mood. But it has the opposite reaction on guys.
      -Androstenol is the female pheromone and it seems to calm and comfort both males and females.

There has been a couple of studies on the subject and they found that both men and women exposed to pheromones had an increased sexual behavior.

• I see your point... yeah I think on a subconscious level a women can be attracted to a guy who wears the same cologne as someone they have feelings for like a first love or ex boyfriend... the smell is familiar and can bring up nostalgic feelings good or bad.
      I think you can be attracted to mens clothing on a subconscious level too like colour or sense of style but I don't think that will be the defining factor in the women's attraction for him.

I read somewhere that a women will know whether she is attracted to a man in the first 3 seconds of seeing him. But I also believe those feelings can change over time either loosing her attraction due to zero personality and low confidence or increased attraction due to high confidence and a good personality, I think clothing and smell etc... is just an added bonus.

• hmm... lets see A skinny douche bag white dude who makes a ton of money. Or (and not insulting my own ethnicity but truth), A ghetto black dude who sells drugs and calls his girl a bi***. What girls don't want: A athletic muscular black guy who is well groomed, smart, and who would treat his girl like she was the most beautiful one in the world. oh wait, Girls don;t go for guys like me then huh? -_-

• Have a position of power.

• Let me tell you something todays generation... Girls only like guys what "society " calls attractive They don't want a " nice guy " They want bad ass guys that always get themselves in trouble and bad asses disrespect people while " Nice guys " Can settle down in a relationship earn their money , buy a nice fancy car , a nice fancy house , and take care of their family treat people with respect and get respect i don't know whats wrong with this generation it is messed up in most ways bad asses are always players they have more than one girl friend they don't care about break ups because it's just like a game to them they just go ahead and " play "again and again but yet girls don't settle for quality guys Even what society calls " Unattractive girls " dont' want what society calls " Unattractive guys " I am sorry but it is all but the truth

• i think men keeping their appearance neat, clean, well groomed
    smells good, good hygiene makes them attractive to a girl
    just cause I'm 46 years old doesn't mean I'm going let myself
    look old.

• Wear red shirts that fit, show of the arms, walk with your chest out, back straight and chin up, stay clean, be a gentleman to everyone.

• Interesting, why do you think wearing red shirts would make a woman more attracted to a man vs. a man who was wearing maybe a blue shirt?

• I saw that too.

• red makes people think of sex (subconsciously), and power.

• Men can make themselves more attractive by not giving a single care about what women find desirable and just focus on themselves, their careers, their hobbies and globetrotting the World over.

• I tried spray-on pheromones once. Nothing happened. I continued to be the most unsuccessful male in the history of the world.
    Later I found out that the pheromones had been extracted from pig urine. :-(

• Being the leader and making decisions

Not being afraid to buy them things or invest time in them.

Acting indifferent.

Being hard to figure out.

Knowing who you are or even knowing who you think you are.

Not being easily threatened.

• "Being hard to figure out" "acting indifferent" And my advice sounded girly apparently lol smooth

• Earn more money, create something, show that you can maintain property/your life, be real.

• Oh... for the love of... you realise women are human beings too, right? Not all women are the same. Not all men are the same. Some guys would repel some women while other women fall in love with them. It isn't an exact science. I've seen lonely "attractive" people, and I've seen "ugly" people in the happiest relationships.

• Wear suits made out of $100 bills.

• I just throw off all my clothes and yell "HERE I COME LADIES, YOU CAN HAVE FREE DICK PICS! FUCK ME NOW! DO YOU WANNA SEE MY DICK?"

• Become a jerk, a douche bag or an ass hole. Treat everyone you come across with no respect. Gain Muscle, get rich and drive a Ferrari. After all that's what women want. They may say other wise but we all know its true.

• I got one: How about being a cry baby bitch with a shit attitude. That's attractive
      Oh wait.
      I guess im the "asshole" One. lol

• How about you shut the hell up. Like I care what you say or think.

• I'm fat which I know is unattractive but I'm going to the gym to change it. Have lost 25 lbs so far. Other than that I shave or trim my face like twice a week. I try to dress nicely when the occasion fits. I don't wear tight clothes but I don't wear really loose ones either because of my weight.

• Besides the typical things that guys do, when I go out with my wife to dinner or a party, I normally shave with a Gillette Mach 3. I don't normally shave every day:) I also wear whatever clothes she "suggests" I wear.

• Is there a common theme with the clothes that she "suggests" you wear? Does she prefer you in certain colors or styles? What about the way you shave your face - does she have an opinion about how she wants your facial hair to be groomed?

• @chantillykate She always picks Forever 21 clothes and normally black, blue or gray shirts.

• win the lottery

• Sad but true. Women come running to a man with $$$ like a dog would if you tied your neck with a piece of stake.

• I would assume being a more positive, outgoing, confidence helps.

• More from Guys
    20

What Girls Said 22

• every woman is differrent but the basics for the majority of women is that he has to be clean, smell clean, and brush his teeth. You would be suprised by how many guys do not even shower and brush their teeth yet wonder why they can't attract a woman.

The type of clothes he wears, his weight, height, hair style, skin color, even posture and the way he carries himself varries amongst women becasue we are not all attracted to the same things. And yes really some women will even go for the slouchy guy with his head down and we all know that posture screams lowself esteem but usually the women that are attracted to thoes guys have lowself esteem themselves.

One thing that you could do is wear clothes that you like, or clothes that show your personality. Say you have a favorite band t shirt, well if you wear it out then chances are a woman that also likes the same band will speak to you. People like to feel less uncertain about people so if someone notices a piece of you that they are familiar with and comfortable around, then you are 1 step closer to not being considered a stranger.

Also just smile. People who smile automatically look more attractive. Even a guy who gets rated as 3 can shoot up to a 5 just from smiling. With women it is not always about the actuall physical appearence and it is more so about how comfortable the guy can make you feel so a guy who smiles more will always be thought of as friendlier and approachable.

When i first met my fiance he wasn't wearing any fancy clothes, he had on just a plain t shirt and some jeans. He looked like just a regular kind of guy and he still does but the thing about him that made me feel comfortable with talking to him was his inviting smile. He was very talkative which made him come off even more as a friendly guy.

• By being responsible, accountable, slim / fit, intelligent, confident, and somewhat gentle. Nothing is more attractive than a guy with noble intentions. Somebody confident, gracious and forgiving.

• God forbid the guy as some few extra pounds on him or isn't Einstein and doesn't come off confident like some jerk.

• In my opinion I really love it when guys smell good I don't care what brand. If you make me laugh I will fall for u, if you are really kind and help me out I will go weak at the knees, if you dress smart I find that sooooo sexy! And when you have messy hair OMG!!! But just being your self, smile, look good, and have a nice personality I will fall for u hard

• It really depends on the women they are trying to attract.

I personally am not into the typical testosterone driven meat-heat kind of guy. So any guy wearing a tank top, sporting dollar store sun glasses, a pair of khakis shorts, and flip flops. Instantly make me cringe.

• I agree, it's mainly about a woman's preference. But, what about subconscious attraction? Like, the way women react towards men who wear certain colors and/or scents? The psychology behind color and scent is really powerful... do you think men who wear red appear to be more passionate?

• lol, I like your name.

• Ha ha... the subconscious attraction... that's what I always look at because no matter what you women want, the subconscious is the attraction trigger. Its the reason why sometimes you can't resist the thing you don't want. Men are the same too. A toast to our subconscious;)

• Obviously to an extent, it's helpful to be physically attractive, but I've come across many average looking men (according to society) and have great personalities and they immediately become more attractive/gained more respect in my eyes. I think the most attractive trait is respect/love, the way a man treats his children, other men, women, a waitress etc. You become academically inclined and whatever else, but if you have no basic respect for yourself and others, there's a problem. Love is really powerful and doesn't have to be in a romantic sense.

• The must effective way be your self and honest, serious, and little of flirt that the most attractive thing for me in a guy

• Physical appearance- good hygiene, and cleanliness
    Inner beauty- Confidence (it is true, whether other guys believe it), humour, good heart

• Stay classy, have a good hygiene! It helps alot. Be yourself, a bit wiered, outgoing, funny. If you have a nice tan, blue looks good (my opinion)

• Take effort in your appearance
    Be confident
    Be funny
    Be smart

• Get a haircut or grow out your hair (facial and or hair on his head)

• Not being an asshole is a good start.

• She mean ass hole is very attractive just doesn't want to admit it.

• @ASOIAF exactly you really believe the females on here are gonna admit to it?

• I was in an abusive relationship and I can te you now I only stayed with him because he brain washed into thinking I couldn't live without him.

Since then, I have never let a guy treat me like shit.

• show that he looks after himself with a good body and skin tone. also show that he cares for others xxx

• I think guys can become more attractive by dressing better and looking like they put some amount of time into their appearance

• Good hygiene. Being responsible.

• Just be yourself, they like you for you not your appearance. Even if appearance does help, every girls preference is different. I don't really care what you look like tbh, just don't be an ass hole. What I like in a guy is someone who is funny, who is a gentlemen, who acts mature enough but is fun, and someone who can support himself like I can.

• If you look like Brad Pitt, just kidding.

Just have the confidence like Matthew Sanders (M. Shadows from A7X) and a personality like Synyster Gates, you should be fine.

• Dress nice-- not button ups all the time (though a button up and khakis with the sleeves scrunched up is super attractive, I can't help but stare), but not to wrinkled and make sure the clothes are clean.
    Kindness-- no one likes a jerk
    Confident not cocky-- there is a major difference between the two, learn it and be confident without being cocky!!!
    outgoing to some point-- some girls like the shy type but its nice when even the shy ones come out of their shell and have some relaxed fun with friends in a social environment.

as far as specific smells... every girl likes something different. I know the smell I particularly like but can't seem to describe it... not musty though lol

• Dress nice lol. Yeah like everyone has fashion sense

Kindness? yeah because me being nice 24/7 has gotten me dates sarcasm all girls like the bad boy stop kidding yourself.

Confident?=Made up word

outgoing? I guess Us boring guys put you to sleep

All girls love the smell of money.

• dress nice- wearing a non wrinkled shirt isn't that hard
      kindness- it actually goes a long way jerk. I actually hate the bad boy type thank you very much... i found myself a good guy and im very happy with him
      confident- not really be proud of who you are
      outgoing- this just means being happy and a little talkative, not necessarily super exciting

• Typical big mouth female user always has to remain anonymous and call me names. I can't wait for the White Knights to show up on their Horses.

www.masonicleader.com/.../White_Knight.jpg

• I'm very I between 2 types of 'guy' in the sense i love the whole grown Out hair and beards at the moment but the have to be very suited and booted to pull that of or very tatted and muscular there other type of guy I like very rapper looking lol. Nt saggy pants but he had to have I hate this word but 'swag' and omg I love dolce light blue, bleu de chanel or Aqua di Parma on guys even a bit of jean Paul's nice lol

• Look well groomed. Scientifically wearing sun glasses attracts women because they find you more mysterious! Also, doing simple workouts before meeting, when you sweat you releases male hormones which attracts women! especially testosterone which puts women into the mood, and relaxes them.

• After a workout? I hope he can shower first, because if its in a public place its going to be awful.

• Well, Pedantic a simple workout that won't make you sweat a lot but to let the hormones release

• Showering would wash away the hormones

• the cologne the perfect cologne is like sofhsiodfhds fs for me lol. I just cannot get enough of the way men smell when they spray that stuff on! I dont care much for colors except for pink i dont like it on men its just not my taste and turns me off other than that colors dont matter. If he has his hair back in a small pony, or it's short and I love guys who wear snapbacks! Ugliest dude can wear snapbacks, dress nice, be in shape, and i freaking LOOOOOVE high top sneakers that stuff is sexy I don't know what it is about the look I JUST LOVE IT!! Thank you god for making men :D <3

• Have shorter hair. I always find that men with long hair aren't attractive, but as soon as they cut it I find them really attractive. I also like clean shaven or a bit of shadow. I don't find beards or mustaches attractive at all. I always fine they get more attractive if they don't have too much facial hair. Being clean as well will make them more attractive.

• Confidence. Even if he's not super hot, but stands up straight, seems relaxed like nothing or nobody can disturb him, it will make him appear better. In fact, confidence makes him look hot. The first thing that attracts me to a guy is his beauty but, if he's not self-confident, I'll feel it and it doesn't attract me.

Personally, I like when a guy have ''enough" hair, you know, not like long hair but, hair haha x) The perfume has nothing to do with it, as long as he doesn't smell bad. For the clothes, I think if it matches well, modern, that shows he takes care of his appearance. Don't care of the color, but there are some colors that match well with the guy's hair color or skin color.
    But, it's only in my opinion. And girls and women haven't all the same opinion on this.

• When are people gonna wake up and realize Confidence means nothing, when your ugly?

• @Scrambled what good is confidence when your born with ugly looks? And no amount of plastic surgery will help? Then what?

• Donald Trump isn't a looker... look at how well he is done. He can command anyone. Many powerful men are ugly. Actually, last night I went to a street market and there were some hot women. The one that stood out for me was this bad ass looking girl. Hot as hell and she knew it. What was even more interesting, was her boyfriend. Guy was tall but he was not a looker by a mile. It was almost against everything a guy thinks. He was dressed very well but he wasn't muscular built, no tattoos, no shaved, long or spiked hair, he was actually mr average joe. He must be rich lol... or something. But again, looks don't play a big part. Look for it and you will find it.