Dating someone who wears gold chains, baggy pants and walks like a 'thug'?

This guy is 28 years old and white but he chooses to wear a long gold chain everywhere and has a really weird taste in clothing too. He never wears formal shirt or a nice trouser. Its always a tee and loose baggy jeans.

He is extremely good looking and well built. It just makes him look like a 'player' if you know what I mean.

Is it worth it to go for another date?

Well I've just met him twice and he was friendly both times, pretty well behaved but I just keep getting distracted by his gold chain and his walk. I can imagine it being embarrassing for me in the future.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 6

• I read your comment on another opinion; You are British, is he? I'll tell you what, white dudes that dress and act that way are kind of strange here in America too haha. We mostly call them posers and denigrate them. However, a few of them are the real thing like Eminem, but he is in the minority.

If you see his behaviors as being a problem in the future then don't date him. Better to stop it now than drag it out. Don't let those nice muscles entice you... unless you're truly as shallow as the other guys are assuming- in that case just go for it.

You are correct tho, it's only been a couple dates so you don't know anything about his character. Any "nice guy" qualities you see can very well be an act. Usually guys like him act like thugs which is why Americans make fun of them, because most white boys are privileged in America so we know they're full of shit. The ones that aren't privileged don't usually grow up in urban areas, they grow up in the "country" and certainly don't act or dress the way you've described. Food for thought.

• I pictured jersey shore. anyways, if you like him then go for it.

• the clothes don't make the man. just remember that

• Well if you are completely into appearances, you probably shouldn't. But if you learned anything except how he looks on that date - it would be interesting if you shared.

The only thing I can read is 'he looks, he wears, he is well built' - but nothing about his character, if he fits your personality nothing.

If you are really that shallow - you don't need an answer...

• Its just been two dates and I live in London where most guys dont dress like that so I am finding it very strange.

• Well its very difficult to judge from 2 dates but he takes forever to respond to texts and i caught him checking out the waitress but apart from that he is nice.

• Well - always leave your options open - if you are uncertain of the date. Usually I learn a lot on the first date. But yea - that's just me. And what do you mean by he takes forever to respond? Do you really think that other people don't have any kind of life they follow apart from looking at their smartphone? ;)

• I would and have laughed at guys that dress that way. 28 and acting like a boy? He is a little too old for that but to each their own.

• Lol that doesn't sound like a player, sounds ghetto. Players dress well. I wouldn't go for another date

What Girls Said 4

• Is it the guy from Malibus Most Wanted?

• If he treats you well and his personality and culture and values match then yes

• That's great that he's attractive, and unfortunate about his fashion sense lol, but I mean, what's he like, who is he, how does he treat you, etc? That's what I'd look at.

• Maybe he's still stuck in the 90's with hos fashion sense.