Should I listen to myself and break up with this guy that i'm in a relationship with or do I give it one last shot? A dilemma?

So I've been dating this guy for 6 months now, and 3 months ago he asked if I wanted to be his gf and at that point I said yes, but I didn't know he had a semi-severe drinking problem. So he's out partying and drinking with his friend, which is fine, that's his way of living, but I'm very religious, and I don't feel good about this at all. I'm not judging him, but I can feel deep down inside of me, that I either want to break up with him or I can't see myself getting married to him and us raising kids together, especially because I'm super religious.

Basically I feel we are each other's type, and he don't see the problem.

I literally feel sad and not-happy about it, and it's affecting me so much (because it gets to the core of my heart) that I even sometimes ignore him, because I don't feel like talking. And obviously no one's gonna change, that's not my right or his duty to change.

What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• you are not compatible, as you said. Might be time to move on. Even though it will be painful, it will be better for you in the long run.

What Guys Said 3

• Listen to your heart and get out

• three words no body is perfect.

• Just sit down and take up a small conversation with him.. And clear ur matter with him..:):)

• Yeah but in that case he will just start saying "good things" - for example that he started to go to church etc. just to make himself look better - and this one I know for sure.

• Then just clear it once and for all and let him go. ! If he isn't the way u like him..

What Girls Said 2

• Just talk to him about it, or just help him through the journey if he has a drinking problem. Sometimes complete opposites are better as long as u love each other. Many couples have secretly thought of breaking up its normal just.. if you really care about him and you dont want to lose him just talk to him let it out maybe he will understand if he is a jerk about then maybe he isn't the one

• If he really loves you, then he will give up his habit. Since you strongly feel about the drinking issue, I think you should accept him only if he gives it up. Since its on ur mind, u guys will have problems in future if he continues to drink. But giving a last shot will not serve any purpose. However, u could speak to him and have a serious discussion about it before thinking of breaking up. U have to give him a chance to prove himself. It all depends on him.