Would you marry a girl whose parents culture demanded a bride price?

so would you? e. g Indians/Africans (in South Africa it's called Lobola, Google it for more info)

by the way traditionally it's not about being sold, it's about the man proving that he loves her enough to sacrifice whatever the fam desires such that even some extremely rich parents do it, not because they need the money but to uphold tradition.

Most Helpful Guy

• If I could afford it I would. When you get married some sacrifices need to be made to get along with her family. If this would allow me to marry the woman I love, and keep her and her family happy, then it is a sacrifice I would be willing to make. I can respect that their culture has some sort of dowry system, even if I don't agree with it.

What Guys Said 5

• It basically sounds like dowry system reversed.. I'm strictly against it..
    #nooffence :)

• I would probably never meet a person from that culture due to the difference in geographic location, but I would like to vote for no. Do I buy her for two camels?

• nope, money and plates and pots, blankets and shit like that.

• i'd never marry in the first place whoever the other may be LOL

• When I enter a relationship with a girl I want to show the people who care about her that I'm serious person who will love her.

• Yeah, but I ain't paying it.

What Girls Said 1

• i find it so sad to know that i live a free life here and can fall in love with whoever i wish... yet some women have to be sold... there's actually a PRICE put on women.. and only men who can afford her will have her.
    far out. why...

• well traditionally it's not about being sold, it's about the man proving that he loves her enough to sacrifice all this money even some extremely rich parents do it, not because they need the money but to uphold tradition.

• yeah but like, why can't he prove it another way? :(