Any single guys over the age of 27?

Why are you still single? Do you feel bad about being single? What type of person are you looking for?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 30, and have been single since May of this year. We were together for a little more than four years, and it just didn't work out. No hard feelings on either side, and we still talk occasionally.

After having a relationship end, I'm just not looking to jump into another one right away. I don't want to end up with a "rebound" girl, because that would not be fair for her.

So, for the moment, I am single by choice and it doesn't bother me. Sometime soon, though, I will probably be ready to give it another go. I'm not in any rush. I'd rather take a little longer to find the right person than jump into a crappy relationship just to say I'm not single.

• Sorry to hear that. Just got out of a 2 year relationship that ended abruptly. I'm on the same page as you right now as far as staying single and waiting for the right one.

• Yeah I just had a breakup and eve though I'm heartbroken, I KNEWWWW he was the worst choice for me. I was just really lonely. Looking forward to changing that about myself though (the whole dating the wrong person thing). Never again..

• We've all been there. It sucks, but sometimes it's the best way to learn.

You'll find the right person before you know it. :-)

What Guys Said 26

• Standards are too high, plus I'm anti-social (I'm not shy, just antisocial. I hate most people).

No I do not feel bad about being single, I'd rather walk alone than with someone who I do not consider my equal.

Someone who is not an idiot that I find attractive (essentially a unicorn).

• You are fucking edgy to be that old lol

• that's a very general statement. since you don't like most people how could someone like you back?

• you better date a ancient dragon

• i'm not 27 yet but i'm 1000% sure i'd still be sinngle. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER marry!!! i'm a SWORN enemy of marriage!!!

• Hahaha.. That's ok. Marriage isn't a biggie to me either. They rarely last

• Why? Because my LTR ended a year and a half ago.
    Do I? Sometimes. I miss physical affection, sex, and a companion to do stuff with.
    What type? Someone cute, active, geeky, that I am compatible with sexually and personality wise, and who doesn't want children.

• I will be in 3 years hahaha
    I was always failing with girls. Yes, there's someone for everyone out there but what are the chances to find that significant other? I think I will remain single like forever. Nothing more than hook ups.

• I know that feeling all to well right now.

• same story man i quit i am sure i'll never get a gf

• I am going to be very honest in this response. I am 27 and I turn 28 next year and how do I feel about being single? It is a love/hate issue.

I love it because of the independence to do what I want to do and freedom to learn on my own. I love how I can have a relationship solely on God before any human being. I love how I can do all the things I've always dreams about doing without a sidecar holding me back.

I hate how I look in my phone and I have no one to call. So instead I pray. I hate how I have an ex girlfriend who is getting married now, but I am doing my best to be happy for her and realizing one day I am going to find the right one and I will realize why it never worked out with all the rest. I hate how I have to use Tinder when I get aroused but it's just a waste of time or leads no where.

I am 27 this year, but I think I am okay with being alone. I realize that I am using this time to love the Lord, my God, with all my heart, all my soul, and all my strength and to be fully fulfilled in him completely before I can have the right person in my life. The nights get lonely and I do look for escapes or flings but then I just start to shake at the thought of it because there is no future in it.

To my future wife:
    So I look up into the sky,
    And I wonder why,
    When, where, and how
    Someone like you
    Will enter into my life.

• Yeah, I am. I admit it. I'm not proud of it and yeah I do feel bad about it.

Why is sort of complicated. I just have a lot of problems in my life. I'm in kind of a bad place and I don't want to let anybody in.

• I can relate to this a lot.. What kinda stuff would you like to accomplish before feeling "worthy", or comfortable letting someone in? You don't have to answer.. just curious

• You can message me if you really want to know.

• ill let you know when im 27 :D probably their choice though, or not their choice, either or lol. hahaa

• Hmmm.. this whole thing was incredibly unhelpful. THANKS!! LOL

• @Red7336 @Asker im 1 hour late to the party! D: i was at the gym :D hahaa you wasted the question on that! d00d everyone knows! all bubbles are really 1 big bubble! x)

• *perverted ostrich face palm*

• yeah i am single but I go on dates alot. Weekly now. So far no luck.

• Wow weekly dates, can I have your life?

• Ah I wish.. My guy friends always end up having feelings for me, even though they suppress it after I reject them. They act totally platonic with me for years after, and then the jealousy rears its ugly head as soon as I express interest in a man. But I do have girl friends who are single. I just don't get out a lot. I'm definitely going to change that soon ;)

• well we could go on a date:-P britain ain't far away from me haha

• 33 single happy for now. Everyone around me seems to be married these days lol. You single?

• Yeah. The thing that made me curious was: No one ever puts emphasis on the MEN who are still single at our age. Us women kinda feel like.. as we get older, all the men go away, leaving behind a population of single and lonely women who missed out by not marrying at the age of 25 or something. I guess I just wanna hear that there ARE single guys out there too... for my own weird satisfaction..

• There definitely are plenty of single men so don't worry at all. Your reply was really honest! Women get a lot of pressure to find someone and have kids 'before its too late' .. I think just enjoy your life and never force things to happen.

• I totally agree, better to be alone than with the wrong person for the sake of wanting to be in a relationship.

• Why? Because I don't take the initiative of approaching girl after girl. The few times I have though always ended in failure :(

Do I feel bad? ... ya :(

What type of person am I looking for? Oh geez, I could write a couple paragraphs but I'll summarize by saying she has to be attractive in looks and personality.

• Mine always end up failing. Hence my singleness... What do you think is the reason for all the failures, if you had to be completely honest with yourself?

• I guess I'm interesting or exciting enough. I'm not the greatest conversationalist. I like my alone time and if I have to converse with someone for more than 10 minutes I just start zoning out.

• *not interesting or exciting, haha

• well I'm still kind of enjoying being single again, but I'm always taking applications :)

• Past 27 a while back

I expect to re-enter the market next year.

I want to get lean again. I just followed suit of the slob I married.

Single I think will feel nice for a while...

I think you will find there are more guys out there than you imagined.

I need a slimmer more active female which in turn will keep me active.

• Good point. I think that's a big part of finding a partner that I've overlooked for too long. Finding someone who compliments your lifestyle. Someone who will help make you better just by being who they are. If you're on the path to getting in shape, I believe you'll have no problem finding a woman who's on the same page as you. Good luck on getting lean! I'm doing the same. Lets focus on bettering ourselves, and then get back out there!

• Thanks... I am looking forward to it... just after things settle from my next catheter ablation!!
      good luck to you too in finding a life partner.

• I'm single because I was too inexperienced when I was younger, and when you get to my age, all the good girls are already taken.

• I'll let you know in 6 years.

• I'm almost 27 and I'm sure I'll still be single by then

• I'm not 27 but I'm single because I don't trust women and people and because I have self esteem and confidence issues. I'm ugly/unattractive. There I said it.

• You're not ugly. You have beautiful eyes. But I'm loving the bluntness. What would you like to improve about yourself? Anything physical? Anything mental?

• I think it would give me some confidence but I still wouldn't feel good enough because women have shown me time and time again that I am not.

• you look fine to me. you have stand above what ure family says. my father is a huge prick who gets on my case for everything. So don't keep your head down. keep it up.

• Yes I am Single. I'm ok with it. but it does get lonely sometimes. I'm looking for someone outgoing open-minded and fun.

• probably might die a virgin :x

• 35 single. I'm picky and gotten over some issues.

• Yep. Why? Shit luck. The worst. It sucks.

• 30
    Lack of elite options
    Nope
    Someone elite.

• I'm 21 so this might not apply to me.

• Well it's different when you're 21. You SHOULD be single. Enjoy it. But when you're pushing 30, the you get a little worried because society pressures us to start a family/get married

• I never really thought about marriage, but if it were me I'd just do what I wanted, I got other priorities.

• I am over 27 and single. Do I feel bad about it? No I don't. When I was younger I didn't like to be single and stayed with people that I shouldn't have so I wasn't single. But as I have grown as a person I feel much much more comfortable being single than being with the wrong person and I will stay single until I meet the right person. I am looking for a person who is respectful, has good morals, and is serious about their faith. Ideally I would like someone I could talk to about my work and would actually understand what I am saying.

• Yes I am single. I just broke up with a girlfriend, so I don't feel super good. I'm looking for someone to settle down with...

• Same.. getting over a breakup myself. I'm too old for this crap. Hang in there

• 29 single... 5'8" that pretty much explains the reason

• That can't be why? There's women who will date guys at your height. I would consider myself attractive and my 2 most serious relationships were with guys your height. Granted I'm 5'2...

• 5ft8 is still within normal range (then again I'm 5ft6) my cousin is 5ft4 and he is always getting action from the ladies i doubt it is your height yeah some girls prefer taller men but once you pretend it doesn't matter then they won't care believe me I'm shorter than you and my previous girlfriends didn't care. You just got to get back out there.

• I got rejected ones or twice for the same reason, be honest to yourself bro have you never rejected someone? I sure as shit know I did that quite a few times. The total package is important.

• I am... I feel quite bad about it. Appears to me like a vicious circle I won't ever get out of.

• Are you doing anything in the meantime to better yourself and make yourself more attractive (to yourself) mentally and physically? I'm only asking because I wanna know if it helps you build confidence thus attract more people?

• What is it about yourself that makes you feel insecure? For me, I think it's my lack of a solid career... and maybe my lack of accomplishments in general.. I have nothing to "brag" about

• things people would call "accomplisments" are just mediocre shit to me. i can´t build confidence on that. i also don´t have a solid career, cause i decided to go to college after i allready worked in a profession a few years.
      but the thing that makes me most insecure is my looks (despite people telling me its fine) any especially my lack in sexual experience.

What Girls Said 0