Can't stop thinking obsessively over someone who I know is over. Does anyone else do this?

I ended this 'situationship' with a guy who I had feelings for and I'm pretty sure he had feelings for me but thing went wrong and we stopped talking to each other. But I can't stop thinking obsessively over how different things would have been if this or that. I don't feel that sad anymore over this loss because deep down inside I know he was probably no good but for some reason I can't stop thinking about him. It's like I'm weirdly obsessed even though I know I'm trying to move on and not sad anymore. Are there other people who obsess over something so crazy. I know part of it is my ego because I feel like no guy has ever just been 'done' with me over something so stupid and I know they were never really doing much to prove they cared. Should be an easy and shut case yet I just can't stop thinking about him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure, it human nature for the most part. Most of us do it. Our ego becomes bruised and it gets in the way of living life.

Practice mindfulness that originates from Buddhism. When you catch your mind wandering to the past bring it back to the present moment. Bless the person that is renting space in your head and wish them well... then release them. Concentrate on your breathe and relax. Think about what you are doing in the moment and live in it. Every time they pop up in your head do the same thing.

Also work on meditation on nothingness. Same principles. When anything pops into you head empty your mind and breathe. Meditate for 10 to 15 minutes a day to relax your mind. A constantly busy mind cannot heal itself.

Good luck!

• yea perhaps I can try that because I'm going insane... I don't know what's wrong with me

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• If there is a chance for you to talk to him, then talk and clear everything up. Maybe if you to separate for a clear reason and you see a different side him maybe you'll feel better...

• he's not talking to me after I got mad at him so there won't be any closure from him. I think that would have made a world of a difference. I do anything to distract myself or focus on other things. I think it's cause I fell for him more then id like to admit and even though I tell myself he wasn't worth it, it's like the heart and brain are thinking two different things. I hope that one day he reaches out so I can talk it out and feel better.