Why does a guy not put his arm around me in freezing cold weather when we are dating?

so we had a football game tonight, and it was in the 40's. i dropped thousands of hints that we can cuddle but he never took them, and later my friend told me that he said it would be awkward... why? its also our one week anniversary and he texted me happy one week anniversary, good night and see you tomorrow (we re both going to a party tomorrow) anyone have any ideas?

also forgot to add that he gave me a good night hug, which means he is good with PDA
ok I'm getting crap for the one week an thing, but it was really sweet in my mind and he is my first BF

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys (especially at that age) don't get hints. If it's your one week, you needed to say "I'm cold, can I get close to you?"

You already know he's into you and good with PDA, so I don't see the problem here.

What Guys Said 6

• I don't know, maybe he's shy and doesn't want to do that in public yet. Why didn't you get close to him, saying you're cold? Maybe like that he could've then put his arm around you.

• i got close to him most of the night, and asked if he wanted to share a blanket that my friend gave but he turned me down. also everyone knows we r dating cause we both have loud friends...

• Close like leaning on him, making physical contact? But I think it's what CommieDearest said, he's uncomfortable with pda. Maybe this is because it's the first week, give him some time.

• One week isn't very long so I wouldn't expect things too fast from the guy, maybe he wants to take things slower, it has only been a week. Give it some time and don't worry about it, if it's been a few weeks and he hasn't given much physical attention to you then worry a bit. But right now there is nothing to worry about so enjoy what he gives you:).

• You dropped hints. He is a teenage boy. He might not have gotten hints. And most teenage boys dont like PDA bc guys are assholes and will tease him.

And...1 week anniv? Really?

• put the move on him, might be being a gentleman.

• i always put my hand on their ass

• You should have literally said "I am cold. Please share your body heat with me."

Guys are dumb. Say things directly.

What Girls Said 1

• He's probably not comfortable with PDA

PS anniversaries are once a year.