Is having no physical attraction to someone enough reason to reject them?

One of my best guy friends confessed feelings for me last week, and I told him that we should just be friends. He is a really great guy, honestly the best I know. He has the exact personality I am looking for but I am just not physically attracted to him. I know it's sounds harsh or superficial but Is that enough reason to reject someone? Honestly I don't know if I'll find another guy like him but I don't think I can date someone that I am not physio attracted to.

• Yes, you that's reason enough
  • No, you should go by personality alone
  • See answers

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 10

• If you is plain, I would give dating a try. If you actually think he is unattractive, then I would not go out. That feeling will never go away.

• I see no reason to become more than friends with someone that is feel absolutely no physical/sexual attraction with. A great friendship and a connection can still be shared with that said friend. You don't have to reject that person all together, just as a potential sexual partner.

• Yes, although physical attraction shouldn't be the ONLY reason. You have to be at least a little physically attracted.

• You're good. If looking for a romantic relationship, you're gonna have to look at the person.

Hopefully you let him down easily.

• Do you find him sexually attractive?

• Honestly for me there must be both physical attraction and emotional attraction or things aren't going to work. I mean why would you date someone if you were only half way attracted to them.

• Superficial, but acceptable thats just the reality of life...

• Hell tommy isn't attracted to manning but still gonna rape him on Monday

• That's definitely a good enough reason

• Just keep in mind he'll have unrequited love for you. He'll always be a little sad around you.

To everyone saying that he'd still make a great friend... that only works when it's mutual. He wants a relationship with her.

If you two can remain friends, cool. However, he could be a 'nice guy' waiting to happen.

You may need to dissolve the friendship completely for his sake.

What Girls Said 7

• of course/how can you be in a physical relationship without physical attraction. or why would you try?

great personalities make great friends. great personalities plus physical attraction possibly make great partners. you still haven tot see how it goes, but without had of dirt i dont see why youd try. but physical attraction is really important to me bc I'm a highly physical person. i wouldn't be in a relationship just to feel close intellectually or emotionally. thats what friends are for. not that i wouldn't wan to feel close otherwise i wouldn't want to touch him. but i ask won't want to touch him if I'm not attracted to him. its all important.

also you're not obligated t be in a relationship period. so ANY reason for not anting one is an acceptable reason. not wanting it in itself is enough. you dont need a reason there's no' should' other than being honest and respectful.

• Of course. This is the norm. People reject others mostly due to lack of attraction. Whether that's physical, personality or both.

• You should never force yourself to be in a relationship with someone you're not attracted to. If you do that, everything in that relationship it's pretty much faked and shit goes toxic. If you wouldn't want to kiss that face every day, don't date the person attached. Anybody who says you should abort your standards and suffer to make him happy is a selfish, butthurt asshole who doesn't realize is causes less harm to not start something you don't want to take part in.

• I think that if you hadn't really known him before you might gain physical attraction from seeing and getting to know him but if he's already a good friend of yours your lack of attraction will most likely not change, at least not for a good amount of time. If you don't feel it, don't force it just because you like his personality, Love should come naturally :)

• I think there must be a reason why you are not physically attracted to him. Obviously, he has been one of your best friends, so you know him well, his background and secrets, and that's exactly why you think things can't get deeper between you. Its always the personality that matters. Physical attraction is a by-product of compatibility.

• People wouldn't want to admit it but the only reason but all romantic relationships are base off of physical attraction first. You have to ask yourself will you fuck this person and if no you move on if yes you go to other qualities.

• Yes it is a good reason to reject him, but at the same time you shouldn't immediately say yes to a guy on the sole reason that he looks good. This goes for men and women. So many people do that then complain in real life or on gag that their partner disrespects them or is cheating on them or beats them.