I am really scared to go on dates that involve eating/dinner. What's the solution?

I'm a really messy eater and I eat soo much even more than my guy friends and they always make fun of me coz I eat worse than a guy. I don't follow any fork knife ettiquettes I just throw it in my mouth.

So I just prefer movie , park dates and not any lunch/dinner dates. What should I do? Should I just go for these eating dates or avoid them till the guy is in a relationship with me? Will it be a turn off?

• Yea turn off
  • No its fine

Most Helpful Girl

• Look. Don't avoid eating dates. I eat like a pig! But when I first was dating my girlfriend I was sooooo scared to eat. Eat some before going and when ya get there just order something simple you don't have to eat everything on the plate even if you're hungry take a doggy bag and if you want to eat the rest once your home. You don't have to be super fancy just eat with your mouth closed and slowly. No matter how you usually eat everyone knows the more proper ways to eat.

What Guys Said 5

• Learn proper table etiquette. Bad manners are almost always a turn off. And even if you avoid those dates early, what if he wants to take you to a fancy dinner or bring you over to meet the relatives later in the relationship? Your behavior and mannerisms will reflect poorly on him.

• dont worry about your table manners until you meet his family

• What do you mean by "throw it in my mouth"?
    That honestly depends on the food. If you eat spaghetti or bolognese with your hands, I don't think you're presentable. I have weird eating habits myself, but that's just a bit over the top.

• Really? People are actually voting turn off? Let's be honest here... Those that would be turned off are shallow. I like a down to earth girl that isn't so finicky about things. If a guy thinks it's a turn off that you eat like a human being (cause let's face it, we aren't born taking tiny bites in a respectful well postured position) then he can go on a date with his right hand later cause he sounds like an uptight shallow assbag. Eat how ya wanna and have fun.

• Have you tried practicing eating like a normal human adult instead of a 2 year old? This is something you really should learn how to do anyways.

I'm not trying to sound rude or anything but it's something you should be able to overcome relatively easy.

What Girls Said 2

• My guy friends would always tell me that girls who eat a lot or eat like there's no tomorrow is yes-yes to them. For them, girls like that are fun to be with. So don't hesitate on going to eating dates.

• Your parents didn't teach you eating manners when you were little? Eating properly is as complicated as that. Sorry to say, but I find it digusting.