Is postponing dating a bad idea?

I can't really put my finger on why I don't want to date, but somehow I don't. I have a lot on my plate I guess, school, work, recovering from an injury, working on myself...

I mean I'd love a boyfriend but I don't feel like dating right now. So is it ok if I don't or is that a terrible idea?

The concern in particular is that I'm 21 and I've never had a boyfriend. I've been on a few dates but never beyond that. And that's ok for now but that's not how I want to be forever.
And you know how they always say older men like to date younger women.
Well that'd be me now, so do you think I'd be missing out too much?

What Guys Said 2

• Its a choice thing. if you feel like you don't want to date now, that is up to you. most younger people date because others are doing it and they don't want to be left out. I on the other hand advice younger people to date because it can help you build experience for later relationships. if you start dating at 24 or 25.. what time will you have to gather experience and know how to handle a situation that arises while you are dating? GaG can only help you so much, in the end, its up to you. and if you can't pull it off the right way, you will destroy that relationship.

• I don't mean for a few years just for a few months. Maybe it'll seem differently in summer

• oh.. then your fine.. and definitely overthinking lol. you made it sound like its something you wanted to put off for a few more years.. had me overthinking too

• Nah. at that age, half the guys still do the majority of their thinking with the wrong head XD

• what do you mean?

• can you blame us :) and to be honest, all guys think with their dicks. that separates the hormonal from the mature is that the mature knows when to use the bigger head lol

• @tidiaseler that's what i mean. Adults know when to thking with which head, and usually still uses their brain to make sure the dick doesnt' do something too stupid, while a lot of young guys let's their dick assume direct controll XD

What Girls Said 0