Why is there less passion in a new adult relationship than a new teen relationship?

Why is there less passion in a new adult relationship than a new teen relationship

I am talking about adults and teens who have just gotten into a new relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well when you're a teen, you experience love for the first time. The feeling of love is new you and as a result you are more excited and passionate about it. Over time when you fall in and out of love, it kinda looses the "magical feeling" it once had. Kinda like when you try something new for the first time, its amazing and you can't get enough but gradually this satisfaction decreases proportionaly to how many times you've done it. It might not completely lose its wonder but it won't be as special as the first. As an adult, you might have become more numb, and become hardened by the world.

What Girls Said 3

• Well im guessing because with teens we feel we need to be accepted by others also its new and exciting for us. Not that its not exciting for adults but youve just all done it before.

• Because most teenage relationships only last as long as the passion is there. After that's gone there is nothing left and they eventually break up, especially in high school where a month long relationship is a success

• Because that passion is so new & exciting

What Guys Said 3

• there isnt? teens are self conscious enough as it is. Adults have money to go on romantic trips and restaurants, and most of all have sexual experience. I think you are mistaking passion for anxiety.

• Most of the things you'll encounter now... you already have once.
    Probably.

• Then how can there be any excitement in a relationship if everyone is jaded

• And around what age do people become less passionate in a new relationship

• There's a long way to go of being experienced with something and being jaded. But there still is.
      It has probably less to do with age than with experience. That being said, if you keep an open mind these things will affect you less.

• Everything is new as a teenager. You're more used to the encounters as an adult, usually.

• Does that mean adults are completely unaffectionate and show no physical affection at all?

• At what age does it usually become noticeable

• I noticed I was less public passion in my adult relationships around 24 or so. This isn't to say that my relationships haven't been passion or exciting, just not as much as when I was a teen.