Self Harm scars on Girl- What to do?

I noticed this girl I just started seeing has scars that are OBVIOUSLY from cutting. Thing is she is super hot doesn't appear to be the type to self harm either. she's v smart, fun to be around and she's seems pretty secure. she's never had a boyfriend which I think is cute also- But should I still go for it or friend zone her?

• Friend zone her
  • Avoid her
  • No strings attached relationship
  • Date her

Most Helpful Girl

• look... you don't sound like the kind of person who'd be a good partner for her. I feel like you automatically see her possible issues as a burden, and it's not a bad thing in itself just means you're not mature or ready for this kind of compassion or commitment. my advice as a former self-harmer is don't get too involved with her/ make her fall for you because this is hardly going to work out.

What Girls Said 8

• Wow you sound like such a compassionate dude. "This girl as problems, do you think I should get it in or nah?" is basically what you're saying. Avoid her for her sake.

• I used to cut myself too, i dont have any scars (well not from cutting), but still. I stopped cutting myself, and if i did have scars from that, i still wouldn't want people to judge me for that. Whats in the past, is in the past. If you have feelings for her, ask her out =) we might have a bad past, but were still humans after all

• I could be wrong, but you just don't seem the right type of person for her. If she was my daughter, I definitely wouldn't want her dating you.

• Just because she's had problems in her past doesn't mean she's messed up forever.

• yeah okay thanks

• @dartmaul15 lol hi XD what an essay Oo I fully agree though

• @julieXO then you haven't seen my VERY long replies. Even had one going over 3000k letters XD
      But yeah, @asker that's how things are. You can go (nobody would blame you), or you could stay and help. But if you stay and help, help before you try to woo her. I'm not going to lie, helping out when other guys back off and not trying to reap benefits from it tends to hit home on girls. Treat her like an average girl that needs help.
      Do that and you're doing all you can to help her. Good luck :)

• if you like her, then go for it, don't base it on her scars. Base it on her personality :)

• A person shouldn't be defined by the scars on her wrist. This in no way defines her personality, as you mentioned.

I'd say go for it, but go cautiously. Speaking personally, I find that people who are potentially depressed are a little bit harder to deal with. So you have to decide whether you want a serious relationship with her and have the capacity to dealor just let it be.

Cheers.

• okay yeah ill take it slow maybe

• If this is seriously a reason for you to consider not going with her then she deserves way better than you.

• You never know, you could be that guy who can change her view of life.

What Guys Said 3

• Help her, and date her if you want to.
    Scars are a cry for help, and they need it... just take my word for it. She needs something positive in life. So above all else, be someone who cares and listens to her without judging!

• everybody has baggage, and everybody has a history. the girl she is now might not have been the girl she was 5 years ago. and to judge people for stuff like this says a lot about you if im honest.

• yeah thats cool i won't judge her

• I don't know how to answer this question, the options you gave are cutting me up...

#ImGoingToHellForThatOne