Do they really want to be friends?

Every time I become interested in a girl she always tells me that she only likes me as a friend. I don’t think they mean it as a means of rejection; they seem like pretty nice girls. The speech they give is always the same: “You’re a really nice guy, kind hearted, sweet, and funny and I really enjoy spending time with you but I just want to be friends.” If I really was all these things then why doesn’t she want to be in a relationship with me?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think what woman are most attracted to is ability. If they give you the friend's speech it might mean that they are impressed by your companionship but not necessarily by your "headway" or "ability." And if you aren't able to get a 4.0 in school, you might consider dating a girl with a 1.6 so that she will be impressed with your 2.4. ALL woman are attracted to ability - whether that is intellectual ability, academic ability, career ability, physical ability, social ability, religious ability, pain tolerance, charm ability or sexual ability.

What Girls Said 2

• Ugh, been through this a lot.

I tell a guy I only want to be friends because I'm not interested in them romantically, sorry!!
    It depends on your relationship to begging with. Usually, if I talk to the guy at school, hang out with all our friends, he's nice and whatever, and then he tells me how he feels, then when I say I want to remain friends, I really just want the relationship to remain the same - as friends,

If I don't really know the guy at all and he asks me on a date and I tell him: “You’re a really nice guy, kind hearted, sweet, and funny and I really enjoy spending time with you but I just want to be friends.” It means I'm rejecting him in the nicest way possible, but I really don't care about pursuing a friendship, especially since I know you're into me. If the guy keeps trying to be "friends", I'm going to assume he's still trying to get me interested in him at some point.

Bee there a lot :)

Answer mine? “You’re a really nice guy, kind hearted, sweet, and funny and I really enjoy spending time with you but I just want to be friends.”

• Maybe she's just not attracted to you even though she likes you as a friend? It happens.

Sometimes I genuinely like a guy as a person but am not interest romantically.

I don't really play games, If I say I want to be friends, then thats it, I just want to be friends.

What Guys Said 1

• Turn those lemons into lemonade, networking is key to get to women. Also, talk to them, listen to them. Rephrase what they say, it will make them think you're listening to her (well, you actually are), rephrase them in a way that makes her emotionally connect to you, rephrase it in a way that makes her laugh or feel euphoric and always connect these feelings to you. Practice.