Should I already have a boyfriend?

I'm 14 and it seems like everyone around me either has a boyfriend or a guy friend they are close with. I'm the one girl who Is lonely and doesn't really have a guy friend. I'm really shy and don't talk much in school because I don't have anything important to say. I've never had someone tell me they like me or even flirt with me that I've known. Is it unusually to not have a boyfriend at my age? And how can I tell if a guy is into me or wants to be my boyfriend? Pls help!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• My girlfriend was 16 and never had a boyfriend up until she met me. She's had guys jokingly ask her out as a joke in middle school and she asked one guy out and got rejected. Life happens. Sooner or later you'll meet a guy and fall in love. You'll probably get your heart broken and start all over, and that's fine. The key rule of thumb is to wait and not make any dumb decisions because you think it'll make a guy like you. Just live your life the way you want and maybe someday some guy will randomly try to be close with you. This "closeness" is what generally signals a guy's interest.

What Guys Said 2

• try not to compare yourself to other people. Just do everything when YOU feel comfortable.

• yep 4 years ago

• You don't need to be so rude

• Talk about yourself. Don't dish it out if you can't handle it

• Stop asking dumb questions then DICK

What Girls Said 3

• girl please! i didn't have a "real" boyfriend until now and i'm 22! trust me, it's not a big deal. i'm sure it seems like a lot of people have boyfriends but don't worry about it! it'll happen in time. besides, most of those relationships won't workout anyway. there's no "right" time or time when you "should" have a boyfriend. it'll eventually happen. try not to stress because i promise it isn't nearly as big of a deal as you're worried it is. :)

• You're 14 years of age. Honestly you shouldn't be looking for a boyfriend at your age at the moment. You shouldn't be "looking" for a guy period. It's all about timing. When it's the right time for that person to find you.. he will. In the mean time, don't worry about what other people are doing because you never know their situation with the person they're talking. Things may seem peaches and cream but may actually be spoiled rotten. So with that being said... leave out your teenage years, find yourself, find what you like, and focus on school and your education. When guys see you focusing on becoming a better you, that'll attract them to you. Lastly be "the chase" not "the chaser" let the guy come to you.

• Honey don't be pressured, I'm 22 still with no boyfriend. Do it when you feel like you're ready to date, who cares if others are don't let them make you feel bad. Just be yourself it's typical at that age but it's NOT mandatory or anything.