What is the worst could happen if I been talking to a stranger online for 3 years?

so iv been talking to this guy online for 3 years,... he knows my name, has pics of my face, and i shared some semi nude photo's (without my face in those) but one pic that has my mouth and some of my face and breast showing but not entirley my face...

i live in idia and he lives in california (usa).. he reason iv been keeping contact with him is coz i have poor self esteem and a deperessed girl i am...

anyhow he never threaten me or preasurred me or gave me a mean streak, he always listend to my problems and gave me mature advise,,... but he never discussed his problems or anything like that.

there is a part of methat doesn't want to talk to him anymore but then there is a hudg part of me that make me want to talk to him forever,...

anyhow my sister lives in california and im gonna go visite her after a lonnnnggg time,... but what the worst that could happen?

t

and guys please give me serious anwers.

Most Helpful Girl

• three years... that's a really long time :x i think it's a bit strange that he never talked about his own problems. how old is he? or how old does he appear to be?

i don't think anything -bad- is going to happen if you continue to talk to him. meeting up with him is a different story. but having oceans in between you two doesn't strike me as particularly dangerous. the bad thing here is that you've become attached to him. and that might prevent you from seeing relationship opportunities in real life. maybe you can try talking to him a little less, relying on him as support a little less.

• yeah thats prettyy much my problem, i am too attached to him and due to my low self esteem... at times i feel fear then other times i just dont care.

• Lol, at least you have a sense of humor, sorry i was just seeing if you had buttons i could push.

• @AJElectric human pin cushion over here. push at your leisure.

What Guys Said 7

• Visit somewhere public, where you've got an easy out if it goes south. Otherwise, go for it. Only one way to find out what it could be.

• Well, if you are sure you have seen his face and know his real name, then i guess by meeting him it turns out that he's really not your type i guess. I mean i could think of other things that could be worse but a three year stint with pictures real names, possibly addresses and a long relationship makes me believe that this guy is not a person to harm you but hey you never know.

• as stupid as i can be, no i never seen his face nor his exact name. but i know he is old for sure but i still talk to him coz im attached,

• and thos names and pictures are me, not him then again yes you can say im the dumbest person for doing this!

• When attempting to see someone you should definitely want to see their name and face especially if he has seen yours and from what i have read your body as well. At least you can go their with the knowledge before hand on how to act. Maybe by seeing him you realize that your not attracted to him and maybe keeping him as a pen pal is better for you. Plus this sounds a little weird no name's or face. I mean if asked i would even give my first name and you could see my face. Let alone a three year relationship.

• Do you know if the guy is an actual nice guy? Is he under aged or over aged? Do you know anything about him? If these all come out as positive then it should be fine. But if he hasn't shared anything with you or is really distant when u ask things about him then id be a bit skeptical

• no he hasn't shared his pics nor his face,. but i know he is old although he tells me he is 24,... we heard eacother over the phone once and i can tell he is old for sure,.. but to me he sounded nice but then again i get doubt, but i still talk to him coz im attached,... and meeting up with him is a different story.

• If he's been with you for three years, and know he is a legitimate guy, I think you could meet without issue.

• He could be a creepy rapist who wants to harm you. You asked for the worst case scenario.

• You can be raped, killed and end up dying a tortuous death. Be very, very careful darling.

• The worst that could happen is that he ends up wearing your skin and eating your brains... but it also can go well.

What Girls Said 4

• I think you should meet him (in a public place of course) I mean who knows maybe there will be a spark? Or maybe you two will realise you're better off friends my point is all this time spent with each other online has been leading up to this point, take a chance , life is nothing without risk

• i dont think so, he never showed his face nor real name exactly,... but as dumb as i am i keep talking to him coz im attached.

• asked what exactly?

• His name? Why he won't show you his face? Talked with him on Skype? I don't know investigate :)

• The worst thing is you could be getting catfished! Which is when they have been lying to you about their identity, and the whole thing could just blow up!

Or it could turn out really well and be rainbows and sunshine :)

• lol its definaltey like that, ha

• I think you should try to talk on the phone and hear each others voice at least one time. I think this will make the idea of meeting him in person much easier.

• Ask. To Skype him or something, I did that with my fiancĂ©e we've been together 3 years almost

• im not trying to be rude, have you read my Q as whole? please dont take this as an offence.