What sounds better -1. I'm going to x on sat, would you like to come or 2. would you like to go to x on sat?

Basically which sounds better for asking a girl out on a first date. Obviously is say an actual place name instead of x.

• Option 1
  • Option 2

Most Helpful Girl

• Option 2 sounds like an actual invitation to an actual date. Go with that.
    Option 1 sounds like "hey I'm going to this thing and I was wondering if you also wanted to go to the thing but not with me in particular, just in general".
    Since it's a first date and I'm assuming you want to sound serious, as I said, option 2 is better. Option 1 sounds super casual and more like you're asking her to tag along to some party where you will most likely not have much contact with each other. Basically it sounds wishy-washy as fuck and not like a date at all.

• But what if you've only spoken to her in total for about 10 minutes, if that, over about 3 occasions.

What Girls Said 6

• i think 2 sounds more like ur actually going because you'd like to spend time with her, not because ur already going.

• But what if you've only spoken to her in total for about 10 minutes, if that, over about 3 occasions. Then would option 1 be better?

• i still think option 2 is a better way to ask. that's just me tho.

• option 1 makes it sound like you just need someone to go with... option 2 makes it sound like you actually care about seeing her... and since its a first date it is very important that she knows you WANT her there, not just casually need someone to go with.

• Why is everyone giving different answers. I'm confused now. What should I say?

• I'm mean both are pretty similar, I don't think it matters too much... its not the biggest deal.

Personally, I'd still prefer the second... it conveys more "date" instead of friends "hanging out"

• I think the second one is better, since it is more direct. Sounds like you want to go with the girl, not like you just want someone to go with.

• But wouldn't it be a bit too direct?

• Nope, I'd still go fort the secondo ne

• I don't think I would notice the difference, honestly.

• Option one is like she's a friend and you're going with other friends and inviting her to come with you all.
    Option two is like you're actually asking her to go with you together without other people.
    So probably option 2

• Depends what impression you want to give or how much you wanna put yourself out there

• The first one sounds better if you're asking her out for the first time, because it's a more "casual invitation" than a serious proposal. It's sort of like, "Hey, I'm going out to the pizza place tonight. Care to join?" -- it's sort of like "hanging out" so the girl is most likely to feel comfortable coming. However, if you've already went on a first date or know her really well, than the second is better because it makes her feel special, like you specifically planned this for her instead of just asking her to tag along.

• What if it's a Christmas market. Is that a bit too romantic?

• If you liked him.

• I would still accept the date even if I didn't feel attracted to him (because I might get to know him and end up liking him), but generally, yes, I'd be way happier if I liked the guy already.

What Guys Said 1

• Go with option A, these girls have no idea what they are are talking about. The first one simply sounds less needy and it also shows that you were going to X and having a good time regardless if she joins you or not.

• They' clearly do as they are girls themselves.

• I can't help you, you can't even consider any of the opinions youve gotten. Too wishy washy.