What age should you start dating at?

Just wondering what your opinion is because I have a crush on someone but I'm 14 and I think that is too young.

Most Helpful Guy

• So long as you're ready for it I say go for it. Just do it for you don't do it to prove anything to anyone else. I think if you're smart enough to ask the question you're smart enough to know not to fall in love with the first guy who treats you nice. Unfortunately our society has taught guys that we have an entitlement to a woman's body. All I'm saying is do whatever you feel is right for you and not for someone else.

What Guys Said 3

• Age doesn't matter with dating as long as they are close to your age. Keep in mind two very important things. It probably won't last, it's possible but highly unlikely because of maturity. The second thing is sex, I don't recommend doing it until your a minimum of 17 though we all know that it happens and if you do decide against that advice WEAR CONDOMS, TAKE BIRTH CONTROL, AND HAVE RESPECT FOR YOURSELF AND DONT DO ANYTHING YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH. Dating is a way to get experience for with whom you will marry, I think it's great to be around others and will help you to understand the opposite ( or same, not judging) sex.

• Whenever you want to, just don't expect things to last forever. I have a friend who recently came out of a 3 year long relationship with a really awesome girl, and I thought they might last. Just goes to show.

• i would agree with you, about 17 would be the appropriate ge for dating. (of course I've never been on a date so what do i know?)

What Girls Said 5

• I started dating when I was 15. I feel it was the perfect time.

Thing is, you're ready when you're ready. Some people are ready much younger, and some older. There is nothing wrong with it. Don't pin yourself down with a number

• 19. First kiss at 19. First time I held a guy's hand, 19. First time I hugged a guy, 19.

I do think, for me, 14 is too young. But if you're ready, go for it.

• I think it's mostly about the maturity of people. If you think you're ready go for it, you live and learn. I was 19 when I started dating, but it's because before that I haven't met with a guy that I'd like to be with in the long term.

• People started dating in middle school and that was kinda weird. But I think that once you enter High school it's perfectly fine to start dating.

• Id say 15, anything below i think your too young to know enough about true love and dating